Runnin' Loads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same with this one? It won’t ship to me, but I thought that was just because of the state I’m in.

I meant you can't go to the local hardware store and pick up a nice gas can like the husky one I have. Gotta get 'em online. It seems like a very logical thing but then again we live in a throw away society and selling quality products hurts the bottom line.

Lee

I bought a two and a half gallon gas can at Menards.
It wasn't a big mouth like my others. A varmint had chewed one on the top, so when refueling a small engine a stream shot out the chew holes. Not good!
I bought what they had available.
The new can has an insert in the mouth opening, like a sieve. The mouth opening is small and slanted a bit.
When filling the can the sieve, for lack of a better word, quickly filled and shot gas back out on my leg. I was lucky it wasn't my eyes that got splashed.
I returned the can, telling them that it had been filled partially with fuel.
I also emailed Menards, asking them to discontinue selling this hazardous product.
They did reply, that they would look into it.
I have since found a wide mouth fuel plastic fuel can, at twice the price.
I do not believe the plastic cans meet osha standards. I have one osha approved metal can. Due to how it pours, it has been empty for years.
Edit: This is probably the third gas can varmints have chewed. They also like the gas cap on the push lawn mower. I don't get this because all the fuel is e-free.
Now I'm more consistent getting the fuel cans in the shipping container at the end of the day.

I'm liking it. Got it this spring from the UK through Amazon. There's no spilling. It's very heavily built.
It's very frustrating that these aren't available in the states. Probably due to it not being red.
Thanks,
Lee
Hi Lee
I got the Husqvarna double jug today. 9 days since I ordered it via Air Mail / Royal Mail.
You are right, it is very heavily built. It came with 3 spouts.
I like it already.
Many thanks.
Clint

Hi Lee
I got the Husqvarna double jug today. 9 days since I ordered it via Air Mail / Royal Mail.
You are right, it is very heavily built. It came with 3 spouts.
I like it already.
Many thanks.
Clint
Happy to help! My seven year old can fill the gas and oil for me now with no spilling. I think they are an awesome design. Enjoy it.

Lee

Hauled a large load of boxelder today. Local tree service called and said the took down two bigguns. They weren't kidding. The base of the trunk of one is easily 4' across. Gonna make some cookies out of it once I get some pentacryl ordered up. We will mill some slabs out of the stuff that is suitable for slabs and the rest ill be cut to firewood. There are a couple pieces that are hollowed out that the wife wants to use as planters/yard art.

Gonna be hauling cottonwood the next few days. Got another tree service taking down 4 cottonwood that are probably 80'tall by 40-50'wide. The straight stuff will be milled into 1x planks for windbreak planks and everything else will become firewood for our OWB when we get done with the new house on our property.

Attachments

• 20201002_181016.jpg
    20201002_181016.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 23
  • 20201002_181010.jpg
    20201002_181010.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 24
Another nice day here, so me and a friend of mine, decided to skid out a load of oak and hard maple today,

standard.jpg

This is where we were getting the logs, mostly firewood but a few saw logs too,

standard.jpg

And this is the biggest/heaviest log of the day,

standard.jpg

So, I skidded it out of the woods,

standard.jpg

and managed to get it loaded on the trailer,

standard.jpg

Here's the load, ready to chain down and take home!

standard.jpg

SR

I bought a two and a half gallon gas can at Menards.
It wasn't a big mouth like my others. A varmint had chewed one on the top, so when refueling a small engine a stream shot out the chew holes. Not good!
I bought what they had available.
The new can has an insert in the mouth opening, like a sieve. The mouth opening is small and slanted a bit.
When filling the can the sieve, for lack of a better word, quickly filled and shot gas back out on my leg. I was lucky it wasn't my eyes that got splashed.
I returned the can, telling them that it had been filled partially with fuel.
I also emailed Menards, asking them to discontinue selling this hazardous product.
They did reply, that they would look into it.
I have since found a wide mouth fuel plastic fuel can, at twice the price.
I do not believe the plastic cans meet osha standards. I have one osha approved metal can. Due to how it pours, it has been empty for years.
Edit: This is probably the third gas can varmints have chewed. They also like the gas cap on the push lawn mower. I don't get this because all the fuel is e-free.
Now I'm more consistent getting the fuel cans in the shipping container at the end of the day.

Rodents love the new plastics as a lot of is derived from soybeans. The damn varmits have chewed up my BIL wiring on his new Chevy 2500 twice. Have had them eat the grips off bycicles and tools last they eat all the cushioning on my sunglasses

Back