Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

Running pressure washer alot

Discussion in 'Homeowner Helper Forum' started by WacoDustin, Jul 29, 2018.

1. WacoDustin

WacoDustin ArboristSite Lurker

I have a Simpson 3300psi pressure washer with a Honda GX200 and a AAA triplex pump. I have Redline 5w30 in the engine and Redline 15w40 in the pump per Simpson's recommendations can be used. I use it maybe 4-5 hours every few months. I like it, it has been great. I used VP 4 cycle SEF since new. I have a family member that is in need of pressure washing to clean a building she is going to use. I estimate maybe 20 hours of continuous washing. I can get 87 E0 for $3.50/g. 87 E10 is $2.60/g. It runs 2.5 hours on .75 gallons of VP SEF.
    Should tell her the cost of VP 4cycle fuel and have her figure that in with the price of getting the building ready or run E10 or E0? I'm doing labor for free. I just don't want issues with my $900 pressure washer. She is not the type that is cheap, she knows it is expensive.
    I had cut about a dozen 40' tall Mesquites and Ashbery trees at her house and she ordered me VP 50:1 and didn't baulk at the price.
    Dustin

2. ValleyFirewood

ValleyFirewood Addicted to ArboristSite

You are being WAY too fussy over a cheap pressure washer.

Our hot water pressure washer was around 5k, don't do anything to it other than use it.

3. no tree to big

no tree to big Addicted to ArboristSite

Run the cheap stuff when your done dump the gas out fill with your fancey overpriced staff and run it for a few hundred seconds problem solved

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Marine5068 likes this.
  4. WacoDustin

WacoDustin ArboristSite Lurker

10-4 sound like that'll work