ryobi 4620 Where is the Oil Pump

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffandTamara

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
While cutting some firewood, I noticed the chain was getting hot, but didn't think too much about it... When I finished up and refilled the Gas, and I also noticed the chain oil was completely full. I have cleaned out the oil reservoir tank with gas and best I could cleaned out the bar applicator area. No luck... I can see the oil line coming in and have filled with air and the reservoir tank is pressurized so I don't think there is any blockage. When the saw is running no oil comes out of the line. I think it Must be the Pump. I have taken off the clutch and there is not a pump behind the clutch. So it must be somewhere else, Just not sure where and probably a lot of trouble to get too. Anybody have any insight about what to try next? I think this saw is similar to the cheap Homelites.

well I have taken the Ryobi 4620 apart as far as I can. I really haven't been ale to get the motor out..I think the Chain break assembly my need to come out. but cant see how it comes apart.... I still can't find anything that looks like an oil pump... I am missing something. I think this one might be ready for the dumpster....The saw is about 5 years old. I think I bought the wrong cheap saw... I have an old $99 Walmart 16" Poulan that is nearly 18 years on it's 4th chain and 2nd bar... that has yet to fail me. This Ryobi runs good enough, but lots of little things ... such as the chain adjust screw wore out, the chain drive sprocket is already worn out and needs to be replaced and I have had the Carburetor off 4 times .... Seems it has been nothing but trouble... all comments suggestions welcomed!!

Back