ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  2. To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.

SOLD!!!! Sachs Dolmar 112 with owners manual. Private message with correspondence.

Discussion in 'Chainsaws' started by Den, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Den

Den ArboristSite Operative

PM me with correspondence of any kind.
    I have a Sachs Dolmar 112 that runs nice. Looks nice. I'd sell for $145 plus the ride.
    I am very fond of the 111 Dolmar and 110 Dolmar, so if anybody wants to trade, I'm open to it.

Attached Files:

Brushwacker likes this.
  2. 46 Poulan

46 Poulan Addicted to ArboristSite

I just got a 112 and really like it-Well made west German machine. Are the 110 and 111 much different in construction etc...

Den and Brushwacker like this.
  3. Brushwacker

Brushwacker Addicted to ArboristSite

111 is built a little smaller. I've had both. 112 has a smoother starter, I think may be a little more durable over all. I invested near all my money in a new Husqvarna 55 and used 066mag 1 year, accident smashed the 66, couldn't cut a pickup load of wood without problems with the 55. Bought an 112 with a 24inch bar from an old neighbor and it did most my work for near a year. Was surprised how well it did with the 24inch bar.

Den, 46 Poulan and WKEND LUMBERJAK like this.
  4. HumBurner

HumBurner ArboristSite Operative

I was loving the specs on that saw until I got to the weight. 13.7lbs for a 51cc is just too much.

Looks real nice, though.

5. cuinrearview

cuinrearview Red saw lover

That's with bar and chain. Probably not as far off in your hands as you think.

Den and WKEND LUMBERJAK like this.
  6. Den

HumBurner, you might want to compare some stats. Went to Mike Acres site to make a power to weight ratio comparison. (assuming his numbers are correct).
    For instance, compare the popular Stihl 028AV and the Sachs Dolmar 112.

Stihl 028AV:
    43cc engine
    13.9 lbs w/13" bar and chain.

Sachs Dolmar 112:
    51cc engine
    13.7 lbs w/13" bar and chain.

I don't believe the power to weight ratio of a 112 Sachs Dolmar is a grotesque number. Certainly not a heartbreaking, deal breaking ratio that one would wring their hands over. It actually beats the widely loved Stihl 028AV.

46 Poulan and cuinrearview like this.
  7. 46 Poulan

46 Poulan Addicted to ArboristSite

Used my 112 on a pecan tree yesterday-1 pull cold and she is purring-must resist cad:sweet: David --also like the adjustable oiler...Nice orange color---

Den and Brushwacker like this.
  8. Brushwacker

Brushwacker Addicted to ArboristSite

They are an excellent starting saw.

46 Poulan and Den like this.
  9. Den

Yes 46 Poulan, they are nice saws.
    In fact, I may wind up keeping the 112 Dolmar, as well as the "like new" Poulan/Craftsman CV 3700 (which is shockingly powerful), and sell the mint condition Stihl 028 AV Super. Hate to sell the nice 028 but I can't keep every single saw I like. Also need money to finish up several Husqvarna's.
    (Thinking out loud !!)

10. Den

Update: Sold the 028 AV Super today.
    Also, since I prefer my 111 Dolmar over the 112, I'll consider trading the current 112 for another 111. Thought someone might have a nice 111 laying around they want to trade.
    To me, I like the looks and the ergonomics of the 111 better. Personal preference.

11. Den

Sold the Dolmar 112 this morning. Nice saw. Went to a good home.

Brushwacker likes this.