Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IJWallace

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi,
I bought a Sachs Dolmar 116 online, it started and ran. I stripped it down cleaned it and reassembled and now I can't get a spark.
I checked and the spark plug is fine, I've checked the gap on the coil and that's set but still nothing. i didn't clean the ignition coil with any harsh chemicals so i don't see why it would be damaged.

Can anyone help?
Thanks

Hi,
I bought a Sachs Dolmar 116 online, it started and ran. I stripped it down cleaned it and reassembled and now I can't get a spark.
I checked and the spark plug is fine, I've checked the gap on the coil and that's set but still nothing. i didn't clean the ignition coil with any harsh chemicals so i don't see why it would be damaged.

Can anyone help?
Thanks
Try disconnecting the kill switch wires and see what happens. Look at it in a darker area.

Check the coil ht cable, it screws into the coil, take it out and wd40 inside, check inside the plug cap boot, has a little wire connector that pushes into the cable to get contact with the copper core inside. Another one is to put the coil in the oven for a while, sometimes they get damp inside and this revives them. If all else fails buy a Chinese copy coil off ebay, about £15, I've had a few and all have worked fine.

Check the coil ht cable, it screws into the coil, take it out and wd40 inside, check inside the plug cap boot, has a little wire connector that pushes into the cable to get contact with the copper core inside. Another one is to put the coil in the oven for a while, sometimes they get damp inside and this revives them. If all else fails buy a Chinese copy coil off ebay, about £15, I've had a few and all have worked fine.
I've only just seen this sorry, just tried all that you said so I'm fearing the worst, all the Chinese coils don't actually look the same they only have one "arm" instead of two. ill try one out and see if it works

I've only just seen this sorry, just tried all that you said so I'm fearing the worst, all the Chinese coils don't actually look the same they only have one "arm" instead of two. ill try one out and see if it works
No problem with the one leg, all the later ones have one leg anyway, I get mine via the bay, if you put in the item number 323808252152 you will see a supplier that I use, up till now with about 10 so far without issue! I suppose there's always a first! Just cut the wire from the on off switch ( just check continuity first as these cables can give hassle) fit a spade terminal to the wire, connect to the single wire on coil and hopefully there she blows,, I even relieve the alloy a little where coil sits which allows you to advance timing a little, which gives it some more advance and it little bit more zip!, if you were stuck I can lend you one as I see you're in Cheshire, might save you some hassle to try it first, I have just ordered some more as I'm down to my last one. Just let me know. Bob

No problem with the one leg, all the later ones have one leg anyway, I get mine via the bay, if you put in the item number 323808252152 you will see a supplier that I use, up till now with about 10 so far without issue! I suppose there's always a first! Just cut the wire from the on off switch ( just check continuity first as these cables can give hassle) fit a spade terminal to the wire, connect to the single wire on coil and hopefully there she blows,, I even relieve the alloy a little where coil sits which allows you to advance timing a little, which gives it some more advance and it little bit more zip!, if you were stuck I can lend you one as I see you're in Cheshire, might save you some hassle to try it first, I have just ordered some more as I'm down to my last one. Just let me know. Bob
Thanks for the offer but I'm in Suffolk not sure why it says Cheshire. Ive asked an eBay seller they said if it does not work they'll accept a return so ill try that out. Thanks

Back