Sachs Dolmar 120 Super HS-236 C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidehillgrowler

Stihl 056
Reaction score
I replaced the fuel air vent has advised in my other post. Still having a hard time getting the saw to run right. Sometimes it runs great starts up just fine then other times it doesn't want to start. Took carb off again and I was wondering if anyone could tell if there is something that goes in the hole between the idle set screw and the high set screw as there is a hole there that is threaded. Also the injector valve for the choke is the old style and doesn't have anything to hold it in except friction. After a while it will work move out a little which causes a rich condition. Is there a carb that will replace this one with a conventional choke?

Attachments

• IMG_7303.JPG
    IMG_7303.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7473.JPG
    IMG_7473.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9331.JPG
    IMG_9331.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
Your carb would have came off a 120Si, its a different saw than a 120S. The Si carb is a fine carb when working correctly, it would be best to have someone rebuild it correctly for you, they are a more sought for carb than the manual pull choke ones.

Is the 120si enricher hit and miss?
Dad has an si that starts ok.
His mate had an si also,only way it would start way by removing top cover and filter and putting thumb over carb inlet.

No sir, the injector carbs are dead reliable, if there is a hard starting issue then there is a mechanical fault in that particular carb. That injector carb has been the easiest starting carb setup for all my Sachs Dolmar saws I have owned since 1985, dead nuts reliable and usually start on the 2nd pull over cold. I have had my hands on many, likely more than 100 of the different injected models and hard starting was never an issue. For them to work well though the rest of the fuel system needs to be in great condition with fuel in the carb bowl, not an empty carb needing the recoil to be pulled over many times to pull fuel up from the tank.

You are welcome. Some of the injected carbs had a roll pin that held the injector in the carb body, later a capture plastic ring with a screw held them in, think that was the HS 236 while later models carbs the O ring seal held it in by friction only. I have injector carbs on my 120Si, 116Si , 115 i and 6800. The rest of the herd have manual pull chokes that work but often will require a couple extra pulls to get them started off when cold and been sitting several days.

Thanks for the info looking for a kit but not sure the best place to get one. When I pull the injector from the carb it has no groove for a O-ring. This saw will run then but not consistently and it dies when you let off the throttle.

Thanks for the info looking for a kit but not sure the best place to get one. When I pull the injector from the carb it has no groove for a O-ring. This saw will run then but not consistently and it dies when you let off the throttle.

Is it just the plastic cap sleeve that holds your injector in? The ones I remember, that was more than 20 years ago, had retainers but later ones used some sort of friction to hold them in as we could just pull them out with some resistance. If its just falling out some part is worn or shrunken over time. I retired my fleet of SD saws so 10- 15 years ago and they just take up shelf space now, when SD was taken over by Makita it ended my running them as production saws.

Yes, its meant to stay in tight, something is worn to allow it to move back. Seems like a replacement rather than a fix for it. Your carb appears to be a later model, 236C, Earlier models A and B had retainers. Try contacting a Dolmar or Makita dealer, I havn`t bought one in a good long time but I did get one for a customer repair maybe 6-7 years back from my local Makita repair shop.

Latest posts

Back