• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Sachs-Dolmar builder saws...110, 112 119

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GH Sawguy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Three complete Dolmar builders that I'm ready to admit I may not get to before, well, ever. I don't know the history of any of them. Traded for two of them with another member a while back and one I picked up locally. I have not fueled or attempted to start any of them. All I have done is do a basic cleaning of them. I took the sprocket covers off to clean all that gunk out. I have not pulled any recoil covers. Ive only pulled recoils. Here's what I do know...

-Sachs-Dolmar 110 $75 Complete. there seems to be something mechanical impeding smooth pulling of recoil.

-Sachs-Dolmar 112 $100 White/Black top (60th anniversary) Complete
Pulls over smoothly

Sachs Dolmar 119 $100 Complete. 2 cosmetic blend I noticed are some of the recoil cover is broken (pictured) and fracture in metal on top of sprocket cover (attempted to picture) Pulls over smooth. Feels strong.

All prices are for PHO. You pay for the ride. PayPal Friends and Family.
IMG_20210105_225029506.jpgIMG_20210105_225112068.jpgIMG_20210105_225039450.jpgIMG_20210105_224120013.jpgIMG_20210105_223811659.jpgIMG_20210105_223624517.jpgIMG_20210105_223828773.jpgIMG_20210105_223855477.jpg

Has anyone had any dealings with this GH Sawguy? I sent him money for the 112 in this posting nine days ago and haven't heard from him since. He's not responding to PMs I've sent him.

I hate low life people that make a better living doing wrong than we all do trying to do it right. The bible says their day will come though so I'm gonna keep doing it right and live for my reward after life. Keep your head up man and keep doing it right brother.. one day you may get a way better saw and it will be given to you for free.

I hate low life people that make a better living doing wrong than we all do trying to do it right. The bible says their day will come though so I'm gonna keep doing it right and live for my reward after life. Keep your head up man and keep doing it right brother.. one day you may get a way better saw and it will be given to you for free.
Thanks. Guess he must've needed it worse than I did. It wasn't a lot of money and I'll be alright, and I agree that the rest of us just need to keep doing it right.

That's cool man. I don't know ya but I certainly am sorry it has happened to ya. Who knows he may be in hospital too. I guess I shouldn't have said that earlier. Maybe he'll come around huh¿ But it is still true that a lot of people try to gain on everyone else's losses (losses that they created for the person) and I still hate that..

Join in on the conversation man, I posted a title "what makita saws were good and why" just trying to hear from folks that have a bit of experience with old Dolmar /Makita power saws. Just trying to learn as much as possible about them brands. I know in 91 makita bought Dolmar ect. I just got gave a makita saw that is 52cc and it's a little monster. I could only imagine what a bigger disp. Dolmar/makita saw would bring to the table. Maybe you can share what you know.

Join in on the conversation man, I posted a title "what makita saws were good and why" just trying to hear from folks that have a bit of experience with old Dolmar /Makita power saws. Just trying to learn as much as possible about them brands. I know in 91 makita bought Dolmar ect. I just got gave a makita saw that is 52cc and it's a little monster. I could only imagine what a bigger disp. Dolmar/makita saw would bring to the table. Maybe you can share what you know.
I was partners in a saw shop during the Sachs Dolmar era, and that was one of the brands we sold. I've never owned one of the saws produced by Makita, but I have a good number of units ranging from 112 to 166 as well as some older stuff, CA, CC, CT, and a KMS-4.
They had some top notch stuff in their line, but they came to the US a little bit late for the party, and, imo, they didn't establish a strong distribution/dealership network. As a consequence Dolmar has always had a struggle with market share in most of the US.

Latest posts

Back