Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One day I’ll get a portable mill I hope. Thank you for the parts manual. I printed that. The parts seem hard to come by now. Do you do wood work for a living? Im a welder by trade. This is my new found hobby. Running saws and milling.
I worked the woods a goodly part of my life but am about aged out for that hard physical job, building houses is easier these days, more of an interior finish installer now. The parts for SD saws are running low for most but with some searching they can be found.

I worked the woods a goodly part of my life but am about aged out for that hard physical job, building houses is easier these days, more of an interior finish installer now. The parts for SD saws are running low for most but with some searching they can be found.
I have heard of people getting them from Germany. I’m not sure how that works. I’m in the USA. The min reason I started all this as because I was milling and I think it over heated and melted the spark plug cap and actually caught fire for a few seconds. I got it put out fast. The only visible damage was the plug cap of course and the pull rope burnt at the handle. I have fixed both of them and I figured I would do a bunch of research and learning while I was cleaning and putting back together. I hope it’s no internal damage.

I have seen parts come in from Germany as well as long as the seller there will ship, not difficult. Your saw does look a bit blackened, lets hope the overheat situation did no internal damage, heat is a two stroke nemesis, get it clean and keep it clean is a good practice for chainsaws.

I have seen parts come in from Germany as well as long as the seller there will ship, not difficult. Your saw does look a bit blackened, lets hope the overheat situation did no internal damage, heat is a two stroke nemesis, get it clean and keep it clean is a good practice for chainsaws.
I finally got it all back together, it started easily and runs good. I fixed the muffler my self. It seems to be running and idling really good. I did not put it under load yet. I’ve been working on some other projects ( building a custom roof top tent and rack for the bed of my truck). I plan to do some milling maybe tomorrow to see how it does under a load. It does have a small gas leak seems like it coming within the carb when I turn it on it’s side in the milling position.

I have a 120 super that has no spark and I have a 116 si that has no clutch will the coils interchange ?
The 120 Super is a fairly different saw than the 120 si/ super injected, the coils are different on the 120 Super from the 120 Si and the 116Si. Check to see if the coil is under the flywheel or mounted exterior to the flywheel as in the 116 Si and 120 Si.

The 120 Super is a fairly different saw than the 120 si/ super injected, the coils are different on the 120 Super from the 120 Si and the 116Si. Check to see if the coil is under the flywheel or mounted exterior to the flywheel as in the 116 Si and 120 Si.
My bad... I should have read the original post properly

My bad... I should have read the original post properly

Those saws are named very closely between models and easily confused, I would likely make similar boo boos if I had not run these saws on commercial harvests back in the mid to late 80`s. I still run my 120 Super and 116 si ,120 si when the nostalgia hits me to bring back good memories of those years.

Those saws are named very closely between models and easily confused, I would likely make similar boo boos if I had not run these saws on commercial harvests back in the mid to late 80`s. I still run my 120 Super and 116 si ,120 si when the nostalgia hits me to bring back good memories of those years.
Thank you for your reply. I want to get them both running if possible.

I have a 120 super that has no spark and I have a 116 si that has no clutch will the coils interchange ?
Post # 3728 might be helpful if you have time to check and see where the modules are mounted and if they look alike, a pic would tell me all that was needed if they would swap or not.

Latest posts

Back