Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Google "barret small engine" they have most of the husky, dolmar, and Stihl ipl's on their website.

Thanks again for the reply.
Ya I have found the ipl's before, was hoping there was something out there a little more user friendly if you will. Just spoiled I guess with the info and layout of the Acres site.

Has anyone done the dolmar 9000 to 9010 ignition conversion?

Got a 9000 here and don't know if its had the ignition conversion yet... How do you tell?

I could take the side off my 9010 and start there but done know if that would help me or not. Are the coils different color, do they have different #'s on them?

Also need to dig up the part# for the conversion part pack if I do have the old ign.

I have a Solo 694 ported by Mastermind. I also have run a 143. The 143 stock has more power IMO. The stock 694 ( same as 9010 I believe) is a bit of a pig. Mastermind did an awesome job waking it up, and now it is one of my favorite saws to run. Plenty of power, and much smoother running than most other saws.

I have a Solo 694 ported by Mastermind. I also have run a 143. The 143 stock has more power IMO. The stock 694 ( same as 9010 I believe) is a bit of a pig. Mastermind did an awesome job waking it up, and now it is one of my favorite saws to run. Plenty of power, and much smoother running than most other saws.
Agreed on the porting of the 9010. Shaun Carr did mine and it is really snorty and smooth! The real question is if mastermind did both saws which one would you pick up?

I was VERY impressed with the 143 I ran last June. More impressed by it than the 166 I ran earlier the same day. The 166 I expected to be strong (which it was). After I ran the 166, I ran a 152 that honestly didn't impress me..............and then I ran that 143.

I was VERY impressed with the 143 I ran last June. More impressed by it than the 166 I ran earlier the same day. The 166 I expected to be strong (which it was). After I ran the 166, I ran a 152 that honestly didn't impress me..............and then I ran that 143.
All stock 143 I take it? From what I have read the 152/153 was not a very impressive saw to begin with in the 6cube category. If you were a dolmar fanatic it was one to have but parts are VERY scarce. I've run quite a few 6cube+ saws now and I have to say the 2101, 655BP, and Mikes Homelite 650. I also like the mac SP125 and 797 for their cool vintage look and sheer torque. Never ran a 166... I might twist Marks arm and make him bring the 166 in yellow to the Iowa GTG for a dolmar family pic.

Yep a stock 143. Bob had gotten it (and a 133) as non-runners a day or two before the GTG (from a local shop IIRC) and got them both running during the event.

Yep a stock 143. Bob had gotten it (and a 133) as non-runners a day or two before the GTG (from a local shop IIRC) and got them both running during the event.
That is why we are doing a little contest to see who can get the coolest or best deal while in route to the Iowa GTG!

All stock 143 I take it? From what I have read the 152/153 was not a very impressive saw to begin with in the 6cube category. If you were a dolmar fanatic it was one to have but parts are VERY scarce. I've run quite a few 6cube+ saws now and I have to say the 2101, 655BP, and Mikes Homelite 650. I also like the mac SP125 and 797 for their cool vintage look and sheer torque. Never ran a 166... I might twist Marks arm and make him bring the 166 in yellow to the Iowa GTG for a dolmar family pic.

Can't believe everything you read eh?

Strap one to an Alaskan type CSM. I can vouch that the 152/153 will leave the 143 in the dust (so to speak)

The difference in milling speed and low down grunt opened my eyes.

Same for the 1100/2100s, they are no doubt higher revving saws, but in a milling situation mine can't pull the mill like the 'non impressive' 152/153s?

Good to know.

I have a few 143s and they always impressed me with their power.

Always figured them to be nose to nose with me 1100/2100s.

Really don't know why i like them 152/153s, perhaps it's some stuff I learned about how to make them run better years ago (here)

HEY!

might be I am the 6 cube Dolmar Guru?

Naw i just be a 'collector', right Nate?

A good condition 143 will blow the doors off a 9000/9010 in comparable shape. My first "big saw" in the woods was a 143MX that I got second hand in '92. I mostly ran it with a 32" bar and Carlton .404" square-ground. I was chasing landing and doing a little cutting for a mom and pop tree service/small logging outfit. The 143 was a beast. Mine had the stack adapter and a K&N filter. I've owned and rebuilt a 9000 and owned a new 9010 and they were both pigs as stock saws.

Latest posts

Back