• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Kanscruzer
hey how are ya. just signed up to the site hoping to get some info. i just acquired a dolmar made mcculloch (pro mac 6800 I'm pretty sure) but it was run over and has snapped the handle and busted the tank. i was wondering if anyone knows which dolmar would be the same for replacement parts as i can't find any mcculloch parts for it.
thanks in advance
116si, 120si, dolmar 6800i or 6000i or Makita 6000i,6800i

DirtyHippo

DirtyHippo

ArboristSite Lurker
Afternoon fellas. I have a line on a couple SD's. One the guy says is a 111 and the other is a 120 silver star. Are these good saws? He says the 120 silver is rare.

PS. Max are you here? Worth a shout out lol

Attachments

pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
The 112 Silver is a bit more rare as they were an anniversary model made for a short production run, the all orange ones are the most common. The 111`s are made just like the rest of the SD saws, same construction, they make great light weight saws.

the woolfe man

the woolfe man

ArboristSite Operative
Hi All.

Hope I get just jump in here and ask.
I am looking for a brake band for a dolmar 6000i brake band.Also does the 6800 use the same brake band?
And is the 6000i got a good reputation?I have a nice clean one but havn't used it yet.

nstueve

nstueve

Makita Freak!
Hi All.

Hope I get just jump in here and ask.
I am looking for a brake band for a dolmar 6000i brake band.Also does the 6800 use the same brake band?
And is the 6000i got a good reputation?I have a nice clean one but havn't used it yet.
Great saw with a good reputation. Little brother to the 6800i. I doubt you’ll find one of us willing to cough up a good brake band for that saw. They are hard to come by and pricey when you do find them. Last one I saw on eBay sold almost immediately for $60-$70.

nstueve

nstueve

Makita Freak!
Hey all, I’m looking for a coil and plug wire for a Poulan s6000 still (Dolmar 153), anyone know if they are available anywhere or does anyone have an extra? Here is a pic of the one I need to replace. Thanks!

View attachment 724535
Those ignitions were mostly the same in the old 100cc saws. I think I salvaged one from a 2100cd husky for my 153.

rarefish383

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
I just found a KMS-4. It's been sitting under the guys work bench for the best part of 40 years. Are there any parts available for these saws. I have not got to play with it yet, hope to be going to look at it in the next day or so. Acres lists it as being a 3 cylinder, does it have 3 rotors? If I bring it home I'll post pics here first.

Kensie1988

Kensie1988

Vintage Saw Maniac
Website
m.youtube.com