Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bought a 6400 pho want to run a 20 inch bar on it. What other brand of saws bar will fit it if any? Thanks

I have a ps6000i and was trying to find a 24" bar and was wondering the same thing. I did not find a 100% answer when looking last night. Wondering if a husky bar fits, what model husky should I use as a reference. Seems like there is a difference between a 372 bar a 540 bar

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

The mount has nothing to do with the kerf or gauge but looking at my chain and bar book it does show the PS-6400 as having a different mount than most other older Dolmar saws. The 6400 is listed as using the D009 mount. All my Dolmars use K095 mounts, 6000, 6800.

I have a ps6000i and was trying to find a 24" bar and was wondering the same thing. I did not find a 100% answer when looking last night. Wondering if a husky bar fits, what model husky should I use as a reference. Seems like there is a difference between a 372 bar a 540 bar

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

6000i/6800i: Depending on the guide plates, bar studs, and tensioner... they can be either small or large mount husky.

Hallo i am new one this forum.
I have a dolmar 153 already for some years.
After some time it felt dead so I changed the ignition, i had the info from smokstak.com.
But now I tried to set the module back on right position but I don’t get it, I tried to rotate the hole module 180 degrees doesn’t work! I hope someone can help me because I’m working on it already 1 year.

Attachments

• 2B573986-56E6-4289-A0B6-48DBDF70B328.jpeg
    2B573986-56E6-4289-A0B6-48DBDF70B328.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
  • D6BDBE7E-86C0-43F6-B1EA-EE867214CAB9.jpeg
    D6BDBE7E-86C0-43F6-B1EA-EE867214CAB9.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
Hello im new to this forum but not the site. I usually hang out on the mac forum. However i have a saw to fix for a guy. Its a sachs dolmar 112. It has low compression. The cylinder is ok but piston has a gouge in it and the ring looks worn to me. My question is about pistons. Will a dolmar 114 double ring piston fit and run fine in the saw? Currently it has a single ring piston in it. Will the timing be fine and height be fine? Any help is appreciated, thanks vinny

Hoping to get a little info. I have a 4.2ci Sachs engine, 49mm. Was told it’s either a 120 Super or a 120si. Can someone tell me if the piston and cylinder were the same in these 2 models? Am needing a new piston as the one I have was modified to run on alcohol and have been told the piston was shaved to do something to the timing so it would run on alcohol better. I am going back to gas and it idles and wot are great but mid range is very rich.

thanks
Doug

Hoping to get a little info. I have a 4.2ci Sachs engine, 49mm. Was told it’s either a 120 Super or a 120si. Can someone tell me if the piston and cylinder were the same in these 2 models? Am needing a new piston as the one I have was modified to run on alcohol and have been told the piston was shaved to do something to the timing so it would run on alcohol better. I am going back to gas and it idles and wot are great but mid range is very rich.

thanks
Doug
Not too familiar with alcohol saws. But i can tell you that a super has a plastic tank and si has a metal tank. Muffler and porting is different . I have each. So i can help you there. I would try to adjust timing at an ignition level, more timing will add midrange power. Too much detonates early and can damage piston. I cant help with what was changed to run alcohol efficiently. But can answer most questions about the saw to try to help figure it out.

Anybody know for sure a 116si had plastic tank but 120si had metal? I know super was plastic....as far as the si i an almost positive...but how many plastic tank saws got converted to metal because the muffler came loose....guilty of that before but it was a 116si. Also without pulling starter covers i cant remember which was which but one is a bosche cdi and other is points.

Back