Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im in, ives got a 120si and a 143mx

058-1.jpg

Sachs Dolmar also made a few models
for Mcculloch in Australia only. One was
the SP118 which is the Sachs Dolmar 166.
Hope to own one someday.

Lee

You missed out on a couple 166's
that a member had for sale. One
was somewhat stock and the other
ran on alky. he had them for sale for quite awhile.

Lee

Yep, I know him from another forum...at the time I wasn't sure if that's what I wanted to build...:bang:

I'll join in and add a question. First I have a Sachs Dolmar 119 that I hope to resurrect. And from the parts pile, a Dolmar PS6000I which appears to be a very close relative to the earlier saw. Looks like the chain brake and cover can be used as is. How close are these saws to each other?

DSC01998.jpg

DSC01999.jpg

DSC02000.jpg

DSC02001.jpg

I'm not really into the collector type saws, but I've got a 117 and 133 that I've put a bit of time into. I guess if I ever had the CAD thing, it would be for SD's. They're great old saws. I even took the 133 to work once and made some stumps , pretty fun - Sam

I picked up two of them on the weekend past, I will start with them and take some picts of the other ones I have and post those down the road.

alaska%202010%20009.jpg

alaska%202010%20014.jpg

Good runners, need a little cleaning up but work just fine.
Pioneerguy600

Great idea Jerry. I have a 6400, my first pro grade saw. Can't say enough for that saw. I am saving up to get a 9010 right now for milling, anyone here have one and do you like them.

One a side note: Thanks to Jerry for the helping my wife with the David-Bradley in my signature. She signed up on here just to ask the right people if it was a good saw and such.

My only Sachs Dolmar is a 143 that I have been looking for a ignition for. I do have a 6401. Any other Dolmar I come across finds it's way into the hands of Bigjohnston. We are lucky enough to have a very good Dolmar dealer that has carried the line since the late seventies. He sells Dolmars and Jonsereds but is partial to Dolmars.

I have a few Dolmars these are all good runners, the "Pro Mac 5200" is a "111"
and the "Super Pro 85" is "133 Super"

1Medium-18.jpg

rhMedium-23.jpg

lhMedium-21.jpg

yellowdolmar-1.jpg

Macbrocure2aa.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody know how to remove a Sachs Dolmar 133 clutch?

There's 3 threaded holes in the carrier, is that for a puller? Or is it like a Stihl or husky and you just use a piston stop and spin it clockwise?
Thanks.:cheers:

Looks like I may have answered my own question:
http://www.barrettsmallengine.com/partslist/dolmarpartslist995700057.pdf
It appears the clutch carrier is pressed onto the clutch and I'll have to make up a puller to get it off. So if anyone does a search here on AS, (I did one before I posted this and came up with nothing) Maybe they'll find this to be some help.

Last edited:
There's 3 threaded holes in the carrier, is that for a puller? Or is it like a Stihl or husky and you just use a piston stop and spin it clockwise?
Thanks.:cheers:

Yep it spins off. I use a nail punch in one of the holes and a boxed end wrench slid over the crank against it to turn it off.

Well, I made a puller from 1/4" plate by drilling 3 holes and using Stihl t27 brake handle bolts (M5x35mm) and it popped off no sweat. It is a tapered shaft with no keyway, you would think it would slip, but apparently not.
So there you have it! I'll let this tiny thread slip off into oblivion, only to be dredged up someday by a needy soul. :cheers:

Back