Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This 133 does not look to have a great deal of run time on it, I think that once the ignition went out on it then it became a parts donor for other saws.The piston and cylinder show very little wear, I think it will make a great runner with time and some parts.
Pioneerguy600

Ya it looks really good, much better then when it left here. Hope you get it going.
It only took a little cleaning up and straightened out a couple small things, you said it was in pretty good shape and you were right, once I get spark that saw will roar. LOL.
By now you know that there is no saw that I will not get going, you must have seen some of my restore threads. LOL. This one is actually one of the easier saws that I have tackled. I once built a 1945 Titan when I found a set of bearings and the recoil in a NOS parts box, finding the rest of the parts took a while and 3 parts saws but it runs today just fine, even found a NOS carb for it, the Pioneer NU17 I did was just about as bad, there are parts on that one from all across N.A. and some from Europe.

Got a Sprocket in yer pocket

Hi Guys
I have amongst others a S.D.120 Super, nice machine not to many hours worked and still runs like a dream. Managed to get hold of a S.D Bar and chain, only its a .325" and my sprockets a 3/8" now the original I.P.L shows both 3/8 and .325 rim or spur for this machine but I can only find 3/8 ones, and as they only seem to sell these by make and not size difficult to source.
anyone got any thoughts or numbers that might help?
the 3/8 Oregon part No is 38075X I'm guessing the first two digit's 38 = 3/8 next 0 ??? next two 75 = 75mm ID of clutch housing and last digit X ??? well who knows:confused:
Anyway any help would be greatly received.

Russ...

Nice, nice example, If you should tire of it, You could sell it to me, My 143, 133 would love to wear that full wrap! Of course she is too fine to be a parts doner.

Hi Guys
I have amongst others a S.D.120 Super, nice machine not to many hours worked and still runs like a dream. Managed to get hold of a S.D Bar and chain, only its a .325" and my sprockets a 3/8" now the original I.P.L shows both 3/8 and .325 rim or spur for this machine but I can only find 3/8 ones, and as they only seem to sell these by make and not size difficult to source.
anyone got any thoughts or numbers that might help?
the 3/8 Oregon part No is 38075X I'm guessing the first two digit's 38 = 3/8 next 0 ??? next two 75 = 75mm ID of clutch housing and last digit X ??? well who knows:confused:
Anyway any help would be greatly received.

Russ...

I don`t have the numbers but I changed all my SD saws to ring drives and just switch rings to whatever type and size chain I want to use. The drive sprockets were made by GB Australia and have the number DO158- LX on them, the boxes were marked LC-A7X.
I just looked up the Oregon Power Mate systems and it lists the 27189X as the sprocket system for the Sachs 120 SI.
Pioneerguy600

It only took a little cleaning up and straightened out a couple small things, you said it was in pretty good shape and you were right, once I get spark that saw will roar. LOL.
By now you know that there is no saw that I will not get going, you must have seen some of my restore threads. LOL. This one is actually one of the easier saws that I have tackled. I once built a 1945 Titan when I found a set of bearings and the recoil in a NOS parts box, finding the rest of the parts took a while and 3 parts saws but it runs today just fine, even found a NOS carb for it, the Pioneer NU17 I did was just about as bad, there are parts on that one from all across N.A. and some from Europe.

Yup, I thought it looked like a good saw, just a bit dirty from sitting around. I've seen some of your great threads. I'd love to see a video of it running when it's going.

Yup, I thought it looked like a good saw, just a bit dirty from sitting around. I've seen some of your great threads. I'd love to see a video of it running when it's going.

I havn`t mastered the video thing yet,my camera is capable, just the operator that has some learning curves to learn.
Pioneerguy600

That part sounds easy but what to do with it after the vid is done, where do you upload it?
Pioneerguy600

Youtube, its actually very easy. Get it on your computer, then when in youtube, you must have a youtube account, just click upload, then select the file that you put on your computer, that's about it.

Thank's for the info Jerry
That's helped loads, was wondering if rim would be a good way to go and now you convinced me it is. not only the quick change thing, but the price is about a sixth of the cost.

Russ

sorry about butting into your thread guys but it did say all things Sachs Dolmar

Latest posts

Back