Saddle for rec climbing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Redbull said:
I use my Ness for work too. I like it a lot, except that it doesn't hold a big saw very well. No big deal for me though.

Try an over-the-opposite-shoulder strap for heavy tool/gear carrying capacity with your Ness...works wonders for me. They are built with little d-rings for attaching one, or two, and New Tribe sells such an item. I came up with my own. I don't use it all the time, just when a particular need arises.

It can be useful if you are hauling a lot of rope, etc. on a rec climb, not just for a big saw.

So that 'lil shoulder strap thing works well? Good, the lack of suspenders has been one thing holding me off from ordering that saddle.

Butch, I'd bet New Tribe will build you one that has attachment points for the suspenders you are used to and like...that is definitely the route I would consider if I was you.

The New Tribe shoulder strap has one disadvantage...it occasionally gets up against your neck a little and you need to slip it back over to the top of your shoulder. This is by no means a constant irritation, just once in a while when you move in a certain way.

attachment_21871.php

That's a sweet-looking saddle, Treebear.

Well, it's gonna cost you, but I like the Butterfly 2. Just got one several weeks ago and am lovin' it. Real comfy and lite.

I just bought a versatile. I've climbed on it 5 times so far and like it a lot except it has small D rings and it's harder to put on.

xander, I also use the versatile (w/seat) but special ordered it with the large side D's. a little extra but well worth if in cold weather with gloves!!! The Wide back support is also a must for a guy my size,6'4" - 265ls,(big bone you know). Three to three and a half hours in a tree is no problem but once I hit four hours...I got to get down. I would be interested in seeing a versatile with chest straps with fall arrest at the shoulders and an anchor point at chest area. HC

I run a pinnacle and like the stiff seat. Only weigh 155 but still get sore hipbones. Do like the tall waist support as I have had to hang a 440 off of it.

Latest posts

Back