Saddles?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh S.

Reaction score
weeeelll. I just did my first job where I had to spend hours hanging in my saddle vs spike up and drop. This thing killed me. I’m a big ole boy 6’2” 285 kinda big and my gear hasn’t bothered me any more than they do after being up for hours. Buut I’m getting more and more jobs that require me to swing out and work straight of my rope and today I had about 5 hours sitting in the ass basket and it killed me. It’s about time for an upgrade and I was just wondering if there are any saddles that are big ole boy friendly y’all would suggest. Looking for one that will work as normal but really looking for one that sits well and doesn’t kill ya if ya get stuck sitting and working off a rope vs my spurs. Thanks

Try as many on as you can and spend more money than you'd like to, if you're making a living in it the extra hundred bucks will be worth it.
New tribe saddles are extremely comfortable to sit in. I'd look for something with a big back pad, big leg pads, and a rope bridge.

Try as many on as you can and spend more money than you'd like to, if you're making a living in it the extra hundred bucks will be worth it.
New tribe saddles are extremely comfortable to sit in. I'd look for something with a big back pad, big leg pads, and a rope bridge.
I’ve sat in the New Tribe and it wasn’t bad but it has been a while since. Just wondering if anything else was out there I haven’t ya know. Your right though on the spend money part. I’ve gone cheap before and that was a week of pain I’ll never do again. I’ll go test drive those again and see what I think. Thanks for the feedback.

Latest posts

Back