Safety First

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered one of those myself; be here sometime in February. A guy I know has two, 1-gallon bleach jugs tied together with string for his gas and oil. Cheaper and probably better.

Example, in the machine shop they used empty loctite bottles for assembly way oil. The bottles got mixed up. Within an hour we had ketchup squirt bottles for oil.

You’re implying someone would pour bleach into a chainsaw if the bottle looks like a bleach bottle?

You’re implying someone would pour bleach into a chainsaw if the bottle looks like a bleach bottle?

Not quite what was implied, though you may have inferred it. One might pour gasoline or oil into a washing machine by mistake because the bottle looked like a bleach bottle, but likely not the reverse; this is the correct implication. In Huskybill's example, the mistake could easily go either way.

I use 1-gal coleman white gas cans for mix. Can pour those even near fill without spilling, don't let light or air/moisture inside. Those well labeled mix

For bar oil used 90w gear oil bottles with the squirt resealable tips.

coleman.png 90w.png

Those are FREE!!!

My Husky fancy combo petrol container arrived today. Love the tool and chain holder sections. Comes with a third spout for the oil side in case you don't want to use the auto filler I guess. I'll post some pics in use later.

Oh jeez y'all. I just uses a red gas can with a sharpie label that sez mix gas. I uses the jug the bar oil comes in and pours it right in the oil tank. I aint got nobody works for me but my better half that dont touch the mechanical stuff, cause I likes her better with all her parts.
This works well for me as a labelling system. Its not so hard. Best way to keep someone from putting straight gas into your saw is not to have ANY straight gas around, and if they puts the bar oil in the gas tank, you dont asks them to come helps ya the next day. Old school, but it works ALL THE TIME.

Yeah, but it's orange, and Scandinavian, and way more fun than your better half; it has two halves.

Oh and it can't spell, I mean spill, like your Sharpie and red can can, which is French, I suppose.

It's too early to be thinking.

Back