Safety pants

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihlguy

10 yo grandson using 024 Super
Reaction score
Firewood cutting only, what is your favorite safety pants? Have 2 pr. of chaps, but would like the convenience of pants. Only cut in late fall and winter, so no hot weather issues.

There many types and designs available the quality and design benifits follow $$price.

Stihl saw pants are good and $$ value be mindful about open pockets that fill with saw dust

If you wear chaps but want for pants,,just pull a pair of plus size jeans over them you'll get the combination without purchase...

The cheapest I've seen are at Midwest Arborist Supply:
https://www.midwestarboristsupplies.com/product/forrester-winter-chainsaw-pants/

They have another pair for a little over $100.

I have an old pair i bought from them probably 10 years ago. Don't wear them often, but they seem fine.

I've almost purchased ArborWear's chainsaw pants. They look pretty comfortable. They are mostly the same material as their Canopy pants which have held up really well for me over probably 100-150 wearings.

Picked up my Stihl Denim protective pants today. Dealer was nice enough to order 2 prs in different sizes just in case. I am normally a 34-34, so the size M 34-36 waist and 34 inseam fit perfect. With the elastic waist, I will be able to wear jeans under them in really cold conditions.

Wore them the other day 28 F, with jeans under them, way to hot. Sat. 17 F, no jeans under them = just rite, warmed up to lower 30's and sun, still OK.

I picked up a pair of Solidur pants at the TCI Expo. Wore them all day today in +/-30 degrees and was very comfortable...not too hot, not too cold. The pants themselves fit very comfortably as well.

Check the instructions on your Stihl pants @stihlguy - The Solidur pants say to dispose of them after 5 washings (I think the protective fibers start to mis-align and break down with more washings. Would be curios to know if they say something similar.I guess I will just be brushing them off between wearings!

https://www.bartlettman.com/SOLIDUR-AUTHENTIC-CHAINSAW-PANTS_p_1656.html

I went with Elvex protective pants. I think they are super comfortable.

Clogger Zero are nice. Only protective in the front half of legs. Vented in back. Makes them better in warmer weather

I picked up a pair of Solidur pants at the TCI Expo. Wore them all day today in +/-30 degrees and was very comfortable...not too hot, not too cold. The pants themselves fit very comfortably as well.

Check the instructions on your Stihl pants @stihlguy - The Solidur pants say to dispose of them after 5 washings (I think the protective fibers start to mis-align and break down with more washings. Would be curios to know if they say something similar.I guess I will just be brushing them off between wearings!

https://www.bartlettman.com/SOLIDUR-AUTHENTIC-CHAINSAW-PANTS_p_1656.html
The Stihl pants said to wash before use!!!??? I just blow them off with my air hose when I'm done for the day.

Strange. Can't imagine why they would need washing before use. Air hose is a good idea. I just let them dry off then brushed them with a dry scrub brush.

I use labonville inserts with Madsen jeans. The jeans run huge! Totally intended for suspenders but I have an ass and hips so I ditch the buttons. They don't snag up like cowboy chaps. Labonville has summer and winter pants they snap in also. Madsen jeans have nice rear pockets, I can carry 3 red heads in them. Watch pocket is extra large, perfect place for the extra ear plugs and a spare bar nut.

Attachments

• IMG_20191112_123149624_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20191112_123149624_HDR.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 14
Back