SallySaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Methoss084

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A while back I picked up 2 complete SallySaw "Ringsaws". I'm planning on fixin them up soon, but don't have the slightest clue about them except that they were made in Mass. Does anyone have any history or literature on them?:confused:

Ringsaw

Huskyman. that pic of the ringsaw looks like a real ankle cutter. I wish I had a pic of my sallysaws to show, no scanner yet.
I believe they are from the 40's and are powered by a small 4 stroke, either an old indian or a clinton. What is the make of your friends ringsaw?:cool:

My little contraption of pain is made by "Ring Saws Inc." in Italy, but the powerhead's manufacturer is still unknown. Possible Roper. It was used for cutting through walls and roofs by firefighters. Everyone seems to have stopped using them in the mid '70s due to the extreme danger and difficulty of use. You think? :)

I know what're you're talking about. The Sally Saw was one of those things with a big engine, a three foot driveshaft, and a gear driven ring blade, right? The local Stihl dealer has one hanging from the rafters. Rather impressive looking. I don't know much about them, aside from me not wanting to be on either end of one.

Your exactly right John, rather nasty looking things aren't they. LOL. On your friends ringsaw, I think your right on the engine, I have a Jetstar saw with an engine that looks similar. If I was a Firefighter I'd rather have a K12 then that thing... LOL..:alien:

That's not a friend's ring saw--I pulled it out of the scrap bin myself. What's a Jetstar? Chainsaw? Demo saw?

I know what you mean about the K-12. I have a Homelite XL-98A, and it sure looks friendlier from the drivers seat than the ring saw.

Here's the RS from another angle.

Back