Sandkik / revolution wheel teeth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimma

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just brought a Carlton 5014 stump grinder with the sandvik razor teeth. Haven't taken delivery yet and am trying to set up a supply chain for teeth. I've used the revolution wheel and teeth for several years and when I was looking into the teeth for the new machine, they look identical to the revolution teeth. Anyone know if they are interchangeable? And where is the best place to purchase them? Seems to be a couple of places have the razor teeth and there seems to be a big price difference in the aftermarket ones, don't know if they are the same quality or not.

Hi Jim,

I hope you've been doing well.

You can only buy them from Carlton as they changed the shank that goes into the pocket. They look the same as New River teeth but if you put a New River tooth into the cutter wheel of a Carlton, the carbide is turned sideways and it wouldn't grind. 2007 and older Carlton's can use the New River teeth. I'm a New River dealer and I go through explaining this every day.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

Hi Dave, nice to hear from you. If I knew you were a revolution tooth rep. I would have been sending you my business all these years. I haven"t gotten the new machine yet and was just looking into supply stuff before it comes in. Carlton advertises the Razor tooth cutting system. All the inquiries I get answers to are associated with the Sanvik wheel/. I'm just trying to track down an aftermarket supplier that deals in the razor teeth and do a little research to make sure their teeth are as good as the carlton dealer. I think they are much cheaper but again, I haven't been able to get a set price. Never had a Carlton before, but they seem to have a good rep and the machine, (a 5014) seems pretty solid. It should come in at the end of next week so I should be able to figure out the specifics of what I need in spare parts etc. Hope you are well my friend.

Good evening Jim ,so you bought a Carlton ,good machine.Did you buy new ,if used, dealer or private, gas or diesel,remote or manual controls.If you run it hard make sure you grease the jack shaft and cutters wheel pillar bearings a couple times a day, grease is cheap.Good luck!

Good morning grinder52. Yes, I bought a brand new carlton 5014. I opted out of the remote control. I like to feel what I'm cutting and get a better sense of how hard the machine is working. I chose the gasoline engine, the same engine that Is in my vermeer 352 I think. Thanks for the tip on greasing the machine, I'm a bit lazy about that, but should be more diligent starting out new. Nice to hear from you brother, God Bless

Congratulations Jim on your new machine! That is a very stout machine, and the Sanvic wheel keeps the chips right where your grindingly hardly ever tarp around where I'm grinding.Those Link Belt piller bearings that support the jack shaft and cutter wheel are old school, when you grease them you have to purge them [grease them till you see grease come out.If you have any questions please send me a pm with your phone #I will glad to answer your questions if possible.Have a great night!

Back