• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Sap flow question

BBOR62

BBOR62

Hello. I have a mature Douglas Fir in my front yard. I noticed that ever since I purchased the house a year and a half ago, that there is a pretty constant flow of sap, coming from one place during the summer. I was curious if this much sap is normal, or if it indicates some sort of issue. Thank you for the help in advance!

Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 12.46.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 12.46.14 PM.png

Jed1124

Jed1124

Addicted to ArboristSite
Probably a borer of some type attacking that area of the tree. The tree is trying to “push” out the pest. Could also be a fungal canker or wound.

Reactions: PJM
BBOR62

BBOR62

Probably a borer of some type attacking that area of the tree. The tree is trying to “push” out the pest. Could also be a fungal canker or wound.
Thank you. That's what I thought it might be. I am working on getting in touch with an arborist after the holiday to gain some professional advice on how to treat it.