$saving tip for woodshed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wdchuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
If you like the idea of a metal roof for your woodpile, call the metal scrap dealers/suppliers. They may have corrugated steel panels for sale and will sell them cheap.

I get them locally from a scrap/supplier in 3'x16' lengths, brand new but at salvage price, they are end-runs, when paint colors are changed at the mill.

Hey wdchuck I get the "cover" sheets for less than half price here, wipe them down with mineral spirits ( because they have an oily film from the factory on them) and then shoot them (spray with airless) with a DTM (direct to metal) paint. Last for years.

Jus my .02 worth

BlueRidgeMark said:
Cool! How did you find the scrap dealer?

Let your fingers do the walking, yellow pages.

I bought brand new sheets for less than Menards can make it, and they are already painted, so far the colors have been white, olive green, galvanized.

The best deal I've seen so far this year was in our rural free paper; 50'x100' pole barn, $5k, you take down and transport.

:cry: Our local scrapyards will no longer sell to the public......:cry:

Ive begged:cry: Pleaded:cry: Used harsh wordsPoohead!:cry:

They just arent like they used to be.
attachment.php

:cry: Our local scrapyards will no longer sell to the public......:cry:

Ive begged:cry: Pleaded:cry: Used harsh wordsPoohead!:cry:

They just arent like they used to be.
attachment.php

And the Price Is ?

wdchuck said:
They may have corrugated steel panels for sale and will sell them cheap.
I get them locally from a scrap/supplier in 3'x16' lengths, brand new but at salvage price, they are end-runs, when paint colors are changed at the mill.

Great idea, why didn't I think of that :monkey:

But: how much ??:help:

We used those too thin 3x14 corregated fibreglass sheets for the roof that were a PITA to put on, and flimsy. They've lasted for over 5 years, but....:chainsaw:
There is a design online somewhere for a pole woodshed. I should have made it bigger.....as usual.:confused:

logbutcher said:
Great idea, why didn't I think of that :monkey:

But: how much ??:help:

Around $0.17sq/ft, comes out to $8 per 3'x16' sheet with 9" centers, no scratches or dents.

Back