Saw as old as me....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redlawn 78

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Sooooo...... I am trying to acquire an owner's manual for a homelite saw model # 10517B with a manufacture date of 1979....
I've searched the web and everything keeps coming up for an xl model and/or a much newer 10517/18. I'm not as familiar w chainsaw motors and the layout as I am with lawn mowers and weed wackers. Really, I just like to have the pictures that tell me what's what and where to find it. :yes:

it was working just fine through a tank of fuel and then wouldn't start again after filling up. Of course this is second hand info, so I couldn't say if there was smoke at any point, if there was unusual engine noise or anything else.

I'll see if I can get a pic of the info plate on the saw in the next day or so also.

Sooooo...... I am trying to acquire an owner's manual for a homelite saw model # 10517B with a manufacture date of 1979....
I've searched the web and everything keeps coming up for an xl model and/or a much newer 10517/18. I'm not as familiar w chainsaw motors and the layout as I am with lawn mowers and weed wackers. Really, I just like to have the pictures that tell me what's what and where to find it. :yes:

it was working just fine through a tank of fuel and then wouldn't start again after filling up. Of course this is second hand info, so I couldn't say if there was smoke at any point, if there was unusual engine noise or anything else.

I'll see if I can get a pic of the info plate on the saw in the next day or so also.

go to the beg for manuals thread in chainsaw stickies. someone there may be able to help.

Latest posts

Back