saw chain help needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Buchanan

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Yes I'm looking for help on saw chain. I run an echo 355 t with 14 inch bar. and having trouble finding good chain. I was wondering if I could run sthil pm chain on it. I have been climbing through out the years off and on I used to use I believe 91vx, I cant seem to find it around here anymore. I am looking for aggressive chain.

I have a 355T also. I believe I read that Oregon and Stihl chain will fit just fine as long as it's the same pitch and gauge. I'm planning on using my existing chains for my Stihls when I wear this one out.

So long as pitch/gauge is correct any brand/model of chain of that size can be fitted/used If it's lo pro which Blount VX/VXL is Stihl PS( full chisel )or PM (semi Chisel)are 2 of the better cutting longer lasting twixt sharpening chains some of the VXL have been "Chattery"straight from the box a sharpening usually cures it but not something you expect with new/unused kit

Back