ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

saw chain help needed

Discussion in 'Arborist 101' started by Joe Buchanan, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Joe Buchanan

Joe Buchanan ArboristSite Lurker

Yes I'm looking for help on saw chain. I run an echo 355 t with 14 inch bar. and having trouble finding good chain. I was wondering if I could run sthil pm chain on it. I have been climbing through out the years off and on I used to use I believe 91vx, I cant seem to find it around here anymore. I am looking for aggressive chain.

2. benjo75

benjo75 ArboristSite Operative

I have a 355T also. I believe I read that Oregon and Stihl chain will fit just fine as long as it's the same pitch and gauge. I'm planning on using my existing chains for my Stihls when I wear this one out.

lknchoppers likes this.
  3. ATH

ATH Addicted to ArboristSite

4. Little Al

Little Al Addicted to ArboristSite

So long as pitch/gauge is correct any brand/model of chain of that size can be fitted/used If it's lo pro which Blount VX/VXL is Stihl PS( full chisel )or PM (semi Chisel)are 2 of the better cutting longer lasting twixt sharpening chains some of the VXL have been "Chattery"straight from the box a sharpening usually cures it but not something you expect with new/unused kit