Saw compression test?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just realized I also put the valve on the wrong end. That explains my constant ole readings. Thanks guys !!

I am a thinker and a mechanical designer for many years. I earned a very good living making things work. This compression gage thing had me wondering what is going on. Understanding it is so very much easier than explaining it. I have had some very smart people who just don't get it. I need to get better at explaining it. Most people do but I want to get to all of them.

When you understand something for a long time it easy to forget how it was before you did understand.
I think you did an excellent job of explaining it and I appreciate you taking the time.

IIRC Snap On / Bluepoint used to specify different shrader valve inserts for different engines/motors. I think the advice was a white paint blob on the valve was the correct one for small 2T motors. Was there a reason for this or just an attempt to extract even more dosh on top of a very expensive bit of kit in the first place. I`ve always pondered on why, as non of the other brands seem to require this

Back