• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Saw for father in law

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burkulater

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking for a good cheap little saw for father in law, great man would have the money to buy whatever new but likes getting a deal a screaming deal..... Thinking cs-370 435 ms250 something along those lines that one of you guys has tucked in some back corner and just about forgotten about. Let me know what you have.

Looking for a good cheap little saw for father in law, great man would have the money to buy whatever new but likes getting a deal a screaming deal..... Thinking cs-370 435 ms250 something along those lines that one of you guys has tucked in some back corner and just about forgotten about. Let me know what you have.

I have a nice condition Stihl 025 (without the flippy caps) I would part with. Runs, cuts and oils like it should. A great running saw with a 18" .325 Stihl bar. I can send you pics later this evening if you like. If you are close enough to me you can come and try it out.

Well just buy a new 170 since you said you want a small saw. Many times a cheapskate looking for a "screaming" deal leaves you screaming ape shiit when the deal goes south

Na he's a really good guy but you got me thinking.... I was only looking local at first maybe that's safer for what I'm looking for, get to see it, fire it, and not have any shipping involved .

However last year I picked up a totally rebuilt 350 on this site from a great guy and really couldn't be happier with that transaction

I've got a nice Stihl 023 that I'd let go at a reasonable price.

c4b0e30234ff3b8e747392bd2fe52a58.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks guys but after realizing theres going to be shipping i think im going to stay local unless something great pops up in the for sale list here. found a shindaiwa 488 local which is tempting to go check out at 150 but thinking he would rather have a newer homeowner saw. what is everyones thoughts on one of them?

thanks guys but after realizing theres going to be shipping i think im going to stay local unless something great pops up in the for sale list here. found a shindaiwa 488 local which is tempting to go check out at 150 but thinking he would rather have a newer homeowner saw. what is everyones thoughts on one of them?

It dosent really matter if it's a Pro or Home Owner saw- it's about size and more importantly price range. All of the manufactures have at least a few very good quality "Home Owner" level saws, so unless you/he is going to be cutting commercially or on a very high level, I would not count them out. If you can provide a price range for us (with shipping etc)- that would make it a lot easier for us to guide you to a saw or offer saws that we have or know of. Just trying to help- GLWSearch

Well I know I lent my FIl a Jred 910 for awhile. He was not happy as he could not start it. Buy a new saw that way he cannot complain to you

I gave my FIL my 029 Supa w/ a new B&C after I contracted CAD.

029s have put a lot of wood in the racks in this part of the world.

I just sold an excellent condition 435 locally for 125. I had my dad purchase a new one a few years ago as he is over 70 and needed a light duty saw. I'd recommend it in a heartbeat. It did need the carb adjusted, which took a special driver, other than that it's been a great 'lil saw.

The lil 4 series huskies are really nice for the money. My 445 has always been a great easy starter, which may be important to a FIL. It needed no carb adjustment (until I dicked with it)

The lil 4 series huskies are really nice for the money. My 445 has always been a great easy starter, which may be important to a FIL. It needed no carb adjustment (until I dicked with it)
Pics of "New" Poarting

found a shindaiwa 488 local which is tempting to go check out at 150 but thinking he would rather have a newer homeowner saw. what is everyones thoughts on one of them?

The Shindaiwa 488 is an excellent saw. Built better than any other 50cc saw of the same vintage. A great buy at $150. Early saws were fully adjustable - later models had a fixed high jet EPA carb.

Back