Sawing wood - What have you taken down lately?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Four Paws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well, I went out to get some firewood this past Saturday, and have been working nights since so I haven't had time to post up these pictures until now. Anyhow, enjoy, and post your pictures and story!

Dead Standing Cottonwood on the way down
1194Falling.jpg

My faithful limbing saw - been worked hard and she still looks good at over 20 years old!
1194Shindaiwa_350.jpg

The take - unloaded at home and ready to be split. A little bit of willow mixed in - I had to get an entire truckload to make the trip worthwhile.
1194Wood_Pile.jpg

I love cutting wood - very peaceful to be out there and to take in the surroundings!

Haven't had too much stuff to cut lately, but looks like things have changed with the last round of storms we had! Should get some nice maple firewood out of this one when I finally get a chance to finish what nature started:

July20_Cemetery_07a.jpg

July20_Cemetery_02a.jpg

July20_Cemetery_08a.jpg

Last edited:
kkottemann said:
If you love to cut and need firewood come to south mississippi. How much to you need? This is what katrina did to my property, 120 acres of prestine hardwood bottom.

Its a shame to see that wood go to waste. I wish I was closer.

I get sick everytime I look at it. I have been cleaning it up on the weekends for 2 months now. I keep a few for my buddies mill, a few for firewood and the rest is piled and burned. I have a total loss of $117,000.00 in timber. That is todays money, I was not going to harvest until I reach 50 years or so. So much for my retirement plan. Here is a few more

Back