Saws that will be future classics - What to stock up on now?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any of you guys willing to share a lead on a dealer that still has 241's available? I called everyone in my area and they got nothin, and say that their stihl distributor POC says none are available for order.

Any of you guys willing to share a lead on a dealer that still has 241's available? I called everyone in my area and they got nothin, and say that their stihl distributor POC says none are available for order.
There is definitely a bunch left on shelves at dealers in the whole country but you got to look hard.

What basis would you make that from.

I just don’t see joe homeowner going hog nuts to buy a 10-15 year old saw for more than it was brand new when the $99 Poulan at Walmart will do everything he needs it to. The people on these forums is a tiny sliver of the chain saw users out there.

I’m not saying its not a good saw, just saying to majority of chain saw users they’re just tools couldn’t care less.

Everything is hyped up on the internet. Good and bad.

I just don’t see joe homeowner going hog nuts to buy a 10-15 year old saw for more than it was brand new when the $99 Poulan at Walmart will do everything he needs it to. The people on these forums is a tiny sliver of the chain saw users out there.

I agree with that, but what about all the guys who ran them when they worked for tree services/arborist all over the country. The 346 was made up until last yr, guessing there was a reason for that.

Perish the thought of cheap saws ! I hate stuff that is not up to the standards I am used to!

I agree with that, but what about all the guys who ran them when they worked for tree services/arborist all over the country. The 346 was made up until last yr, guessing there was a reason for that.

I think to most arborists the only true legend is the 200T. Anything else they just replace with the latest and greatest on the shelf at their dealer.

Put one on Ebay and find out.
Are you saying they won't sell?
I know i sold my used one for close to what I paid ,what are they worth used?
I thought I answered that in this thread, oh well.
In the same neighborhood of what the 200's go for or a little less. I think there are more pros willing to pay for the 200's because they will be quick to make the cash back off the investment. The enthusiast who want a 346 to port will use any of the chassis that the 346 cylinder will fit on and there are quite a few so that brings the price down a bit. I would argue that there are still a lot of parts sold for them as guys like them.

I think to most arborists the only true legend is the 200T. Anything else they just replace with the latest and greatest on the shelf at their dealer.
I don't agree with the first part, but I do agree most arborist just move on because it's more work to keep the older stuff going. A lot of the guys I know in the industry rotate their saws out on a normal basis and grab the next saw. I think the legend title will be kind of a lost thing in the near future as the newer generations are more into the throwaway everything.
The older generations used to keep things and repair them, now days the way to stay profitable is to toss them. I agree with that on many items because the cost of service has gone so high these days.

Latest posts

Back