Saws that will be future classics - What to stock up on now?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have a 334t , i found a 338xpt c/p to put on it. i have cleaned up the ports as best i can so far, going to finish the muffler and grind half the flywheel key off and see how she runs

I'd say any of the last non-AT carb models of competitive pro saws will be valuable. I think the EPA crunch is coming faster then you think, enjoy the chainsaw as you know it.

I'd say any of the last non-AT carb models of competitive pro saws will be valuable. I think the EPA crunch is coming faster then you think, enjoy the chainsaw as you know it.

I agree, I think the time of the two stroke is shortly coming to an end. I wouldn't be surprised if within 5 years manufacturers can no longer meet emission regs with oil burning IC engines and can no longer sell them as new.

stupid two stroke engines are not even making the tinyest amount of polution in comparison to say oh one volcano eruption which has the same affect as all of the polution created by humans over a hundred year span in the matter of minutes. there are hundreds of active volcanos not counting the ones on the bottom of the oceans and on any gjven day there are ten eruptions

Exactly
How many chainsaws do you think it takes to make 1 semi diesel engine? How many chainsaws are running at a given time on planet earth? It's chump change in the grand scheme of it all, and the people making the rules don't care. It's simply not their problem, what is their problem is justifying their existence. They will eventually crush the 2 stoke scavenger enigine into oblivion, leaving us with 4 strokes. Or hopefully the battery will be ready for electric. It won't matter if we end up running the 4 stroke longer then we would the 2 and causing more pollution in the end. As long as they are showing they are doing something. The demise of they 2 stoke saw engine comes right after the acceptance of injection, just have a look at the outboard motor industry

Four stroke chainsaw in our near future? There going to be heavier, I guess were at the lightest chainsaw we’ll ever have. The older two stroke saws will be worth gold I guess.

How about two stroke oil injected?

My nightmare is seeing a four stroke b&s engine on a chain saw.

The dirtbikes are evolving it’s silly.

There are far better places to stash your cash than a chainsaw. I've seen people with pictures of stacks of NIB saws and it's cool, but doesn't make financial sense. Save your money elsewhere and buy one of those from them if you ever need it. You'll come out $$ ahead every time.

Have you seen what PSPs pay for 064’s?

There are far better places to stash your cash than a chainsaw. I've seen people with pictures of stacks of NIB saws and it's cool, but doesn't make financial sense. Save your money elsewhere and buy one of those from them if you ever need it. You'll come out $$ ahead every time.
Thanks i need to stop buying them. Trucks seem to make a lot of money for me.

I think the future technology in chain saws will come from the motorcycle engines scaled down. Being a retired machine builder, lead engineering tech I can see some designs we already have being redesigned. A mini turbo charger chain saw being lc cooled. There is materials to make them stronger, lighter and probably more expensive. Sorry I’ll go away now.

I think the future technology in chain saws will come from the motorcycle engines scaled down. Being a retired machine builder, lead engineering tech I can see some designs we already have being redesigned. A mini turbo charger chain saw being lc cooled. There is materials to make them stronger, lighter and probably more expensive. Sorry I’ll go away now.
Yup more expensive and bigger. Now way to get around it.

i already have a four stroke blower.....still uses mixed gas so it really doesnt matter

Back