Saws without chains are dangerous too- PPE for the shop??? (graphic alert)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad it wasn't any worse, Neal.

My duhme moments usuall involve walking into a chainsaw sitting (on a rug or carpet) on the garage floor, and hitting the chain. The cuts (I'm usually wearing shorts), the minor skin cuts don't bother me nearly as much as ruining a new sock (Hanes Premium Dry).

My recommendation is to heal up fast, thank the wife with a kiss for the good advice and take a ballet class or 3 so you're lighter on your toes in the shop. Looking forward to a pic of you in a tutu.....................forgive me it's Monday

Neal, that looks too familiar. I work in metal stamping. Cuts are a too common occurrence.

I sliced 4 tendons in my wrist trying to "catch" a falling sheet of steel. Listen to the docs, take it easy and let that tendon heal up before you put it back to work. That's usually the hardest part.

Yep, getting old is my main priority in life.

Brother, growin up in the late 60's it's a dang wonder we are still around, never heard of ppe, no wonder im half deaf, mostly worn eye protection and a hard hat, never heard of chaps back then.
My Dad could have won the olympics for best saw tossing contest,he barber chaired one tree and launched his Pro Mac 55 a damn good ways and at the time I thought it was funny, but would scare the crap outta me now. Hung his new 028 up and we took the power head off and took a cross cut, wedges , old school way to finish the fellin the tree to get the bar out. Best thing he ever tought me is to take your time, watch above, and watch your gap. I've cut ever year since I was 13 years old.All we ever heat is with firewood growing up and I still do. Its funny how the small stuff can bring a man down.I have a 14000.00 pinky that took me off work for a month from a sled hammer and a wrench,and if I didnt have a heavy glove on you all be callin me stubby. LOL!!
Get well soon . We all better be glad for each day......

Nice re-org. Hope those gouges heal up well. Lopped some chunks off my fingers last week cleaning 6" stove pipe with a wire brush. Those edges are sharp. I feel your pain.
Get that bar off and put the flat file to it. Dress it up nice and dull.

The bar doesn't have a wire edge. When the soft skin of the underside of the wrist falls from 6+ ft with the energy of 240lbs and strikes a steel edge at an angle, it is very likely that the skin is going to lose!!

The bar doesn't have a wire edge. When the soft skin of the underside of the wrist falls from 6+ ft with the energy of 240lbs and strikes a steel edge at an angle, it is very likely that the skin is going to lose!!

There's skinning, scraping and peeling. You been peeled, very similar to skinning only more awesome.

Last edited:
Back