Sawtooth Oak has tubakia. Fatal ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Weed

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
This one dropped it’s leaves by August. In December I had a respected tree service come out and inject the soil. I figured I would give it a chance come spring. But the procedure took 5 minutes and I am not at all confident that whatever they placed in various places will have any net benefit.
Three others Sawtooth Oaks I noticed had it last summer, but not quite as bad. Is the disease fatal ?
Dave

a quick google search says Fungicide applications are not recommended since this disease occurs late in the season and does not threaten the overall health of the tree.
The fungus overwinters in fallen leaves and sticks. If this debris is not removed, fungal spores will be spread in the spring by wind and rain splash. Trees are infected early in the season but will not show symptoms until mid- to late-summer or early fall.

does not sound fatal to me but requires work to reduce its impact the following year

Latest posts

Back