• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold SCARR ported Stihl 064

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srcarr52

We can't stop here, this is bat country.
Reaction score
One legendary saw for sale, guaranteed to earn you street cred amongst the old loggers as you jab with them while sipping a cold one after a long day of murdering trees. Just holding this saw reminds you of your days cutting old growth even though you've spent most of your life driving a keyboard and pushing paper. It's distinctive black markings will warn your cutting buddies to run for the hills because with this much power and speed you're going to over cut the holding wood and send one smashing down on those poor, unworthy soles.

It has a new meteor piston and seals, dual port muffler and is modified to make it even more awesome than the one your dad used to own when men where men. Selling the power head only, it's your business what size bar you feel you need to compensate with. Comes ready to work harder than you. $750.

IMG_4429.JPG IMG_4428.JPG IMG_4430.JPG IMG_4431.JPG IMG_4432.JPG

You mean this Alex? Ha! I had to take this pic! He doesn't run very many Stihls. It means something when he is impressed!

uploadfromtaptalk1445395313300.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Well he!! that doesn't even matter! That is one angry sounding, wood chip spitting, fast cutting SOB! But I'm still curious what size bar! Lol!

Yup, that Alex. He's also the one running it in the video so I could record it.

It's a 24" bar, full comp square off the roll with an 8 pin sprocket.

That background looks strangely familiar...[emoji47]

What did you need that 14mm bar for anyhow?

And nice ad verbiage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a great lookingStihl!
You do outstanding work sir! The John Deere CS81 you ported for me is an absolute monster! Someone's going to end up with a great saw.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Yes it is and it just keeps getting stronger with every tank of fuel!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

I also have a scarr ported 064. One mean saw. Everyone's impressed as hell when they see it running and want to know what it is and where they can get one. Someone is going to get a great saw. Shauns awesome to work with. Keep up the good work shaun.

Price drop... $675 and a bag of wasabi peas.

I bet if you powder coated the cases back to Stihl white, repainted the metal handle black and added a OEM recoil housing (new or used); you could double your selling price and easily get it. GLWS regardless.

I bet if you powder coated the cases back to Stihl white, repainted the metal handle black and added a OEM recoil housing (new or used); you could double your selling price and easily get it. GLWS regardless.

If I put that much time and money into it I'd have to ask over $1k for it. This is meant to be a solid work saw and is priced accordingly.

If I put that much time and money into it I'd have to ask over $1k for it. This is meant to be a solid work saw and is priced accordingly.

Shaun,
I was not questioning your asking price (which I think is very fair for a classic saw that's been quality ported). I was simply observing that the black paint is probably the one thing that's holding it back from being sold many times over by now (and for more money at that). Maybe I was just stating the obvious, but I was also bumping your ad too. GLWS

Back