Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the first run after more muffler mod, probably I should have put more oil into the mix.
I'll try to see how it runs with more oil into the mix, not pushing the saw too much, and then buy a new piston and ring.
I don't have pics with the cylinder but, can be used?
Adding MORE oil makes the mixture GAS lean! The added oil displaces the gas. The saw should be properly tuned for whatever mix ratio you plan to run.

CristiRo Is that the 2258 you posted a cylinder photo of, in the Aluminum Removal thread?
http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...sfer-without-acid.248325/page-24#post-6243040

I only just saw the post, a short while ago.

I hope you got all of the gunk out of the combustion chamber
(around the spark plug and decompression valve)
before putting it back together!!

IF not, then that's likely what caused the scratching.

It's the first run after more muffler mod, probably I should have put more oil into the mix.
I'll try to see how it runs with more oil into the mix, not pushing the saw too much, and then buy a new piston and ring.
I don't have pics with the cylinder but, can be used?
Did you rinse out muffler COMPLETELY with soap and water more than one time after modding it? One good piece of metal shrapnel is all it takes.

Did you rinse out muffler COMPLETELY with soap and water more than one time after modding it? One good piece of metal shrapnel is all it takes.
I used compressed air and rinse it with gas. I was 100% sure that there was no shrapnel in there.
I could be from carbon build up getting loose from the combustion chamber or piston?

All i can find is: LS+ Husqvarna, Sthil HP, Sthil HP ULTRA, and i found an online shop that has MOTUL 800T 2 stroke.

When I was in Romania, I found that Shell Advance 2T in the green bottle was easy to find, at local fuel stations etc...(around Bucharest area).

Shell Advance is about as good as it gets. I always run all 2 stokes at 20:1, to hell with the owners manual BS 50:1.

I would do like the others advised and not run the saw until problem is found, is that an electronic carb saw?

When I was in Romania, I found that Shell Advance 2T in the green bottle was easy to find, at local fuel stations etc...(around Bucharest area).

Shell Advance is about as good as it gets. I always run all 2 stokes at 20:1, to hell with the owners manual BS 50:1.

I would do like the others advised and not run the saw until problem is found, is that an electronic carb saw?

Glad to hear that you have been in Romania! Hope you enjoyed it....
Yes, it is an electronic carb saw!
The gas quality isn't the best, so the Husqvarna Dealer ships in my country recomand running LS+ at 33:1.

The scoring has appeared, I think, from the mix that I used...47:1.
Now the saw has been put togheter, no leaks, I will go to the dealer and reset the carb with the diagnostics tool.
Hope this will be the end of the problems for this saw! A very strong running saw, otherwise!