Screwed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Webevan

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looks like i got screwed big time from the guy who sold Me this dolmar 5105.

After texting the guy about it for a few weeks he held it for me snd i drove 5 plus hours all together to pick it up.

I shoulda made him take a bunch more pics and maybe a video of it running but he seemed very trustworthy so i just went to pick it up. On initial inspection it was not pretty but at least the sparkplug wiring wasnt burnt out, it ran and looked decent.

Well i could tell by the sound something the carb was dirty or it needed a tune up, so i decided i would take it apart and get her all fixed up.

I was told it had been completely gone through, he said his buddy the dolmar dealer said it was perfect. well it had never been cleaned, broken carb mount, chain catch broken off, someone beat the **** out of this thing.

I spent around 10 hours stripping it down and cleaning everything. Took carburetor off and cleaned everything out and reassembled.

Waited till this morning to fire it up. Well of course it wouldnt start. Adjusted idler screw, it turned over and was way to high chain running and all. Adjusted it but couldnt get it to slow down.

Well im starting and adjusting and in between i notice a small anount of smoke coming from around base of piston/ muffler area. Well it wouldnt start again after that. I checked chaintension and it was tight so I loosened it. I thought it was snug but turns out the guy gave me a chain that was too big for the bar!

Fml. Well after all that im stuck on what to next, prolly change spark plug but im not happy...

Latest posts

Back