Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New septic and fields .
Mark, the septic system works better if the bacteria is high and eats the crap. When a washing machine and sink introduced the soaps, it lowers the bacteria and kills the efficiency of the septic system, that is why everybody’s recommending you hooked that dry well up again.

I know it’s a bit of a pain in the butt. I probably would just make my own new one, for the washing machine at least.

I would hook the kitchen sink to it, it sure saves the sewer!

SR
Back on the farm the kitchen sink, bathroom sink, bathtub, and wash machine all drained into a dry well of sorts. Only thing that went to the cesspool was the toilet. Non of this everything into a tank, then another tank, then pumped/ gravity fed to a sand mound/trench system or silliness of having your septic tank pumped ever 3 years even when it doesn't need it nanny state bs.

Make sure to tell the county so they can get theirs via permit and inspection fees
Screw them. If they were to find out that my current trench system had an issue, they would attempt to force me to "upgrade" to a sand mound system. I quite assure you thats not gonna happen. It's bad enough they make us pump our septic tanks every 3 years, even though I've been consistently told every time tillet comes out to pump it my holding tank is less then half full of solids. It's all a load of bs. If anything happens to my current septic system I'll handle it myself and they can go screw themselves.

Anyone mill tulip poplar ? Tree guy called yesterday has two big straight trees coming down . Says about 20 foot from base to first limb . Also about 36inch at the base
I could use poplar... need to trim out my house and make new Shaker cabinets for the kitchen and bath... All to be painted. For that project and new floors I bought a power feeder for use on my cabinet saw, jointer, and shaper. The molding machine has it's own feeder. I've got no practical way to handle it though. Maybe I could use the chainsaw mill to break it down to manageable sizes and get a guy with a bandsaw mill in my club to finish it up?? Gotta give this some quick thought!

This kind of thing is how I ended up with bigger chainsaws and shop tools over the years. 😉

Screw them. If they were to find out that my current trench system had an issue, they would attempt to force me to "upgrade" to a sand mound system. I quite assure you thats not gonna happen. It's bad enough they make us pump our septic tanks every 3 years, even though I've been consistently told every time tillet comes out to pump it my holding tank is less then half full of solids. It's all a load of bs. If anything happens to my current septic system I'll handle it myself and they can go screw themselves.
Guys that work for me and live in PA, they call them BS hills “turkey mounds”

Not sure why, but what a ridiculous system

Yup definitely overloaded
View attachment 1170671
Had to use the kubota and the dump View attachment 1170673and it was still slow
View attachment 1170674And the end result View attachment 1170675
Reminds me of the time I moved a safe... The safe was originally in a bank in the Catskills in the 19th century. I got it on the power tail gate and found it needed jack assist. Getting it off was a disaster too as when all the weight got on the tail gate the suspension went down and the safe tipped. It landed in my yard. A neighbor used his back hoe to stand it back up and move it to the black top. Things done in my youth that will never be repeated again! 😉

@sean donato I’m sure I asked before, but what county are you in again?
Lebanon county, I'm just a few miles north of Lancaster, and not far from Hershey. Of you're familiar with the area, I'm on top of Mt Wilson, the hillbilly side of the mountain.
Reminds me of the time I moved a safe... The safe was originally in a bank in the Catskills in the 19th century. I got it on the power tail gate and found it needed jack assist. Getting it off was a disaster too as when all the weight got on the tail gate the suspension went down and the safe tipped. It landed in my yard. A neighbor used his back hoe to stand it back up and move it to the black top. Things done in my youth that will never be repeated again! 😉
Ugg, I dread the day when or if I have to move my safe for the same reasons. It was pure helk getting it off the delivery truck, and In to the house. It involved making an emergency trip to get my uncles big skid loader to get it off the truck and In the house, then 3 floor Jacks to get it into the man cave. It's got 6 5/8" anchor studs holding it to the concrete floor. I have no idea how I would attempt to move it if I had to.

Latest posts

Back