Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been real busy with spring cleaning. Maybe cut some wood next week. Have about 2/3 of my pole building cleaned and my largest shed is cleaned too. Just the tool shed and single stall garage to go after the pole building is done.

My buddy showed up. This guy is 5 or 6 years old now. I worry every year will be his last.
View attachment 648125 View attachment 648126 View attachment 648127
Great pictures Steve.
Looks like your getting the pantry cleaned out too :).

Been real busy with spring cleaning. Maybe cut some wood next week. Have about 2/3 of my pole building cleaned and my largest shed is cleaned too. Just the tool shed and single stall garage to go after the pole building is done.

My buddy showed up. This guy is 5 or 6 years old now. I worry every year will be his last.
View attachment 648125 View attachment 648126 View attachment 648127

So cute! The last time I tried to feed a brushtail possum he tried to take the finger as well as the food.

Score a mile from home. Best part is he offered just to call me next time instead of posting on Craigslist. Looks like I may have a new friend. :cheers:
View attachment 648131 View attachment 648132 View attachment 648133 View attachment 648134 View attachment 648135 View attachment 648136 View attachment 648139 View attachment 648141
And a bonus load from another CL post on Friday night commute home.
View attachment 648143

Nice score! I saw the first pic, I thought "that's nice". Then there's a second. And a third. And a fourth. And more after that!

What species?

Nice score! I saw the first pic, I thought "that's nice". Then there's a second. And a third. And a fourth. And more after that!

What species?
I think I really got you too since photos 1 and 7 are the same! LOL. Those are mostly maple and it's really twisted for a woods tree. Some elm and spruce littered in there also. Next load from my new friend will probably be ash as he has several down. The Friday night load is poplar or cottonwood. But it is all my favorite kind - free!

View attachment 648117 Snow is melting and will be a sloppy mess for a while so scrounge related activity will have to wait. On the plus side, haven’t had to have a fire in the stove for a couple days.
If my house was surrounded by snow like that I doubt my fire burning at full tilt could keep the chill out of the house.

If my house was surrounded by snow like that I doubt my fire burning at full tilt could keep the chill out of the house.
If it goes to 10 degrees C or higher and is sunny, I don’t need a fire. I’m lucky to have a newer well insulated house with a decent amount of windows.

View attachment 648197 Back with the first load of the day all locust. Headed back after I pick my daughter up from school and a bite to eat. Mulberry for the next load. Scraped the ball pulling in the drive way sign of a good load.

Good stuff. Was it hard driving home with the hood raised?

I'm going to be offline for a little while. We're heading over to check out the fishing conditions in Sam... I mean, we're going to check out Samoa and enjoy a little fishi... I mean, beach time. :havingarest:.

Scrounge on, you blokes. :chainsaw:

Good stuff. Was it hard driving home with the hood raised?

I'm going to be offline for a little while. We're heading over to check out the fishing conditions in Sam... I mean, we're going to check out Samoa and enjoy a little fishi... I mean, beach time. :havingarest:.

Scrounge on, you blokes. :chainsaw:
this thread is worthless without BEACH pics.!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Great photos as always Dan. I also liked your "friend Richard's" place, great views, shame about the manners

He's always well mannered , just a cheap Di ck , betchya the house builders won't build another for him lol

Got a regular ol hillbilly runnin around here somewhere....

You got 3 phase power ?

A quick derail kinda ,,, 7 years ago I had stopped in at King Di ck's place to load some pine logs I had cut , his wife came up from the beach wearing a leopard print bikini all oiled up with suntan lotion to greet me ,,, I'm glad I was wearing dark sunglasses and I got the logs loaded just the same with a little guy on one shoulder telling me a tale about an ice cold beer and pouring it on ... And another little guy on the other shoulder saying some rubbish about a story with something to do with a covet ... I could hardly hear that guy but I got the trailer loaded just the same lol

True story , a scroungers tale , no pics
Emoji-sunglasses-01.png

Back