Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
72 and 90% humidity sucks :(
I went over to the lot that I just cut , got another load drug home

1Veyg01.jpg

37 tanks of mix so far :)

When I got home I lit the barbie and cooked up some wings and some salmon .
The salmon was cooked on a cedar split that I had saved from scrounging at my buddies place :)

TYQlBYF.jpg

Scrounged wood , more that one use lol

When I got home I lit the barbie and cooked up some wings and some salmon .
The salmon was cooked on a cedar split that I had saved from scrounging at my buddies place :)When I got home I lit the barbie and cooked up some wings and some salmon .
The salmon was cooked on a cedar split that I had saved from scrounging at my buddies place

You know what good food is dankan

It was great to use wood from a scrounge to smoke dinner with. I had a crab apple I took down and smoked some ribs up, 16 hour smoke. The bones fell off as I grabbed them
004.JPG

I raced 340's and 440's, and the trick to racing a Hemi, was stall for 15-20 minutes and keep him at low idle, and the plugs would start to foul. Then it wouldn't run worth beans. I only had 1 friend that had a Hemi, 66 Charger, with 297:1 highway gears. It was a pig coming out of the hole. But, stomp on it at 40-50 miles an hour and it would break the tires loose. Another friend had a 64 Coronet with a 426 Max Wedge, 2-4 barrels on a cross ram, 13:1 compression, factory light weight Super Stock. It was the scariest car I ever sat in. It was 10 years old and considered ragged out when Bruce got it. It would stomp my 440 R/T like a bug. Wish I had a pick, the 64-65 were my all time favorite Dodge and Plymouths. Here's my 67 RT. The R/T was my daily driver when I started at UPS in 85, round trip was about 90 miles per day.
XIIoXf5.jpg
All I heard was Laguna, and does it have t-tops :surprised3:.

Since we got stuck on cars again, this is the fastest car I have now. Front engine dragster with one squirrel power.
nPLE8ha.jpg
And she's running on ethanol too :eek:.
Saw this today on the way home from our church meeting.
She's got twins on top of a big block of some sort :dizzy:, and no I'm not riding in it:crazy2:.
Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 2.07.21 AM.png

Not sure i could get much more out of this one and buggered if I wanted to try anyway. Riding my luck.
View attachment 659669

And....?

You can't just toss that out there like a pilchard in front of a Car-ha-why and leave us hanging! You know you want to show us!

And....?

You can't just toss that out there like a pilchard in front of a Car-ha-why and leave us hanging! You know you want to show us!
if you get the chance, look up mals maulers on fb. I found ozzy salmon are all over em. Good bugger to deal with too.
Will do a cowboy style pictorial post on the mill once I get the kinks ironed out. One plus is the amount of firewood in the form of slab/waste wood that comes off it.

rarefish. what is the grosbeak drinking from the cup ?
I put the cups in the holes trying to attract some Orioles, they like bright red and orange. Some of the cups had Blueberry, Blackberry, and grape Jam. Some had Black Grapes, the rest wild bird seed. That was the first Grosbeak I have ever seen, the next day two were at the feeder. Don't know what cup they liked?

All I heard was Laguna, and does it have t-tops :surprised3:.

And she's running on ethanol too :eek:.
Saw this today on the way home from our church meeting.
She's got twins on top of a big block of some sort :dizzy:, and no I'm not riding in it:crazy2:.
View attachment 659685
Every time I post that pic someone sees the old Chebby in the background. That was my neighbors daily driver. Moved from there in 87, can't remember if it had T-Tops. I think my old 58 Lyman (behind the R/T) with a 75 Johnson on it would out run the Laguna.

Hey woodsman dudes...my gf has 45 acres in SE Ohio bordering Tar Hollow State Park. It's hilly. And densly wooded. I have a quad. And saws. We are going to cut quad/skidding trails on the property but we need radios for communications during surveying. We are going to ribbon all the trees on the perimeter boundry but you cant see one property marker from the other. We are looking into GPS's but we have done this before and didnt need it. However, radios is a must, even after the perimeter has been well marked. I have been looking into consumer grade stuff and all that gets pretty bad reviews for quality and dependability but spending $200+ is out of the budget for radios. Anybody here got experience with 2 way radios that work good in hilly/wooded areas?

if you get the chance, look up mals maulers on fb. I found ozzy salmon are all over em. Good bugger to deal with too.
Will do a cowboy style pictorial post on the mill once I get the kinks ironed out. One plus is the amount of firewood in the form of slab/waste wood that comes off it.

I start to drool at the thought of slab wood. Nice mill can't wait for the pics.

I put the cups in the holes trying to attract some Orioles, they like bright red and orange. Some of the cups had Blueberry, Blackberry, and grape Jam. Some had Black Grapes, the rest wild bird seed. That was the first Grosbeak I have ever seen, the next day two were at the feeder. Don't know what cup they liked?

Grosbeak is a nice bird Orioles area rare find here but we have had a few more this year. Hummingbirds are all over here now, had one fly and hover 2 feet in front of me. Turns out the feeder was empty.

Every time I post that pic someone sees the old Chebby in the background. That was my neighbors daily driver. Moved from there in 87, can't remember if it had T-Tops. I think my old 58 Lyman (behind the R/T) with a 75 Johnson on it would out run the Laguna.
It's a pretty rare car, reminiscent of the super been as far as seeing them here, and I liked my Chevy's. I did have a 69 Cuda that was pretty nice though, drove to NC to get one without rust.
Not sure if the boat would be faster on land, but it would probably beat it in the water lol. I've never driven one, good chance it's much like a Cordova, big slug that will cruise at 100 all day.

I start to drool at the thought of slab wood. Nice mill can't wait for the pics.

Grosbeak is a nice bird Orioles area rare find here but we have had a few more this year. Hummingbirds are all over here now, had one fly and hover 2 feet in front of me. Turns out the feeder was empty.
We have a bunch of grosbeak hear, they are nice to have around. We have had a few Orioles, but when we do they don't stay long. I was shooting out the bathroom window the other day and had a male hummingbird come about 12" from my face at the window, not sure who was more scared lol.

It's a pretty rare car, reminiscent of the super been as far as seeing them here, and I liked my Chevy's. I did have a 69 Cuda that was pretty nice though, drove to NC to get one without rust.
Not sure if the boat would be faster on land, but it would probably beat it in the water lol. I've never driven one, good chance it's much like a Cordova, big slug that will cruise at 100 all day.
As I remember the Laguna was in pretty nice shape, but at the time, it was just another used car. I knew they were pretty rare back then. For the day they should have run well. Probably had a 350 in it, so it would have been like any mid 70's smog motor car. I started to buy a new Cordoba with a 360 in it, changed my mind and bought a new Dodge van instead. My first new vehicle. I made ramps and could roll my dragster in the back, with the doors open. Had little stands that went under the frame to hold the front wheels up. They just stuck out of the back of the van, hanging in space. Good thing no one ever rear ended me. :)

Latest posts

Back