Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spent a ton of time rolling by hand big big pieces closer to the splitter. It's been so wet this year, where I get my wood. Here's a pic showing pieces in far background. But to make life easier I just bought a winch. I hope I picked a good one. But I'll have better pics when I get it pulling wood. Still in the mail for now.
cdcd6d692af90c8b5e054a00ebeb5a49.jpg
a695c8466492658cc7226a410b27337b.jpg
6305de69405049425413f2f3b3a13fff.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I’m a little salty about the weather this fall.

Up until mid September we had heat/humidity/bugs/rain. Then one day it’s turned cold and continued to rain nearly every day.

The woods are a muddy mess.

Now we have snow in the forecast nearly every day.

View attachment 678915

I feel bad for you , 45/65 for the next 7 days up here in the Great White North and Frozen Tundra ,,, Seriously , I really do ;)

May I console your misfortunes of snow with the fact that I've made a few small fires with some wonderful spruce in the furnace to keep the chill and dampness out of the house :)

May I console your misfortunes of snow with the fact that I've made a few small fires with some wonderful spruce in the furnace to keep the chill and dampness out of the house :)

Spruce!! that the good stuff for December.
Been warding off the chill with 100+ year old cedar from a stable i cut up

I left my wife another present for this week. I doubt she is going to touch it though. These were standing trees on Monday morning, few hours later they were 16" rounds sitting here ready to be split. I sharpened my saw just before I headed to the bush. Went to cut the 1st tree down and hit a chunk of barb wire before it even hit the tree. Darn wire was laying about 50' inside the bush. I assume my Dad threw it in there when they were picking stones in the field 30 or 40 years ago.
20181008_172945.jpg

I spent a ton of time rolling by hand big big pieces closer to the splitter. It's been so wet this year, where I get my wood. Here's a pic showing pieces in far background. But to make life easier I just bought a winch. I hope I picked a good one. But I'll have better pics when I get it pulling wood. Still in the mail for now.
cdcd6d692af90c8b5e054a00ebeb5a49.jpg
a695c8466492658cc7226a410b27337b.jpg
6305de69405049425413f2f3b3a13fff.jpg

what is the duty cycle on it?

what is the duty cycle on it?
I can't find this information. I've downloaded the manual, it basically just mentions to watch for heat on end of motor. And I had no idea about this, so I greatly appreciate your question. There is a phone # for manufacturer & I'll call & see if I can get an answer. I'll be sure to pay attention to the motor for sure. I'm not pulling anything giant so. At least what is left is not big, I decided to get a winch after I hand rolled all the big pieces.

Latest posts

Back