Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frankenmuth is a cute little place. The chicken dinner is worth having once in your life. We used to go quite regularly and stay at birch run at a campground. Outlet mall is great for the wife and kids. I always looked at that trip as paying it forward for the times that I wanted something. Lol. I saw absolutely no deals on Craig’s list in central Michigan, somebody there snaps up everything! I won’t mention his name but will just look at him and whistle...:innocent: @chipper1
I'm not the only one up here that grabs them up(although I've gotten a few :cool:), there are still plenty of deals to be had as I don't usually run over there unless it's a real sweet deal on something I have to have or I have a couple deals lined up. When I go out there it's usually for splitters and quads or kids dirt bikes, I make good money on them, saws are more for the fun of it.

Local Mulberry scrounge. Two truck loads. Just had to pick it up, as it was already down and cut up. [emoji1303]
350a0ae59a162c637daed954fa2119ad.jpg
978722ff87eabc73d3397db0a68e4722.jpg
6000d2ebb8b9b28c20328e9d200dbb4e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cutting kindling getting ready. Got the house closed up & stove pipes hooked back up. The stove in the garage is ready, backup stove in the basement ready. The main stove(NC30) is down for mods but should be ready in about a week. 40 Murkan tonight forecasted. Coldest nights yet this season but the house is still so warm I probably wont have to run a stove

Thought my dad was going out too. But he has made a slow but steady comeback. Took 8 days in hospital Most in ICU and 21 days in a nursing/rehab facility.

Not going to be cutting or splitting wood. He is able to walk with a cane or walker now. Feeds the wood stove steady. Gotta like that.

Split and stacked some cherry today and fired up the 038av and made a couple snow bucket loads of elm in a hurry.

Local Mulberry scrounge. Two truck loads. Just had to pick it up, as it was already down and cut up. [emoji1303]
350a0ae59a162c637daed954fa2119ad.jpg
978722ff87eabc73d3397db0a68e4722.jpg
6000d2ebb8b9b28c20328e9d200dbb4e.jpg

Love the Dog pic, looks a lot like my Thor did (departed). He may have been a bit wider (75 lbs), and had light brown splotches instead of black. Was a real good dog!

indian summer here this week, 21-22 Celcius. house sat at 23C ...got like that after running the stove last night...not burnt tonight...still 23C t-shirt as i sit here on the sofa. still feel a bit odd though...dad's in hospital and only coming out in a box this time
That’s a tough time Neil. God bless.

DE8144B3-85B6-4C3C-94F7-5B2D364D4544.jpeg@nighthunter , we had an absolute ball at the pub you recommended. Thanks! We sat by the fire as Jim and his girls played and the men sang. There was a group of American horse jumpers who made the night interesting as well. Storm blew in while we were there and we had to swerve around a lot of branches on the road until we got to this downed tree. Limerick fire and rescue had it cleared in about 10 minutes E8F892F5-2D9B-4EBB-AE03-89F47AD5C215.jpeg

View attachment 679350@nighthunter , we had an absolute ball at the pub you recommended. Thanks! We sat by the fire as Jim and his girls played and the men sang. There was a group of American horse jumpers who made the night interesting as well. Storm blew in while we were there and we had to swerve around a lot of branches on the road until we got to this downed tree. Limerick fire and rescue had it cleared in about 10 minutes View attachment 679349
Did you ask to run one of their saws?

Love the Dog pic, looks a lot like my Thor did (departed). He may have been a bit wider (75 lbs), and had light brown splotches instead of black. Was a real good dog!

Yeah, Petey is 60 lbs. Just got him last week from a Rescue. Pretty good dog. My guess is 3 years old. Very friendly with people and other dogs. Not a mean bone in his body! He just looks intimidating to some people.

Reminds me of my old girl. GJ, she was also brown/brindle and white with a full tail/ears and weighed 65 lbs. Great dog for sure.

Yeah, Petey is 60 lbs. Just got him last week from a Rescue. Pretty good dog. My guess is 3 years old. Very friendly with people and other dogs. Not a mean bone in his body! He just looks intimidating to some people.

Looked to me like he wanted to play fetch.
Nice he loaded the whole truck for you, good dog Petey, here a scooby snack :sweet:.

Looked to me like he wanted to play fetch.
Nice he loaded the whole truck for you, good dog Petey, here a scooby snack :sweet:.

It’s funny you say that. As I was unloading the truck, he wanted a taste of every piece of wood before it left the bed of the truck. I think he even hiked his leg to “mark his territory”.

Love the dog-Holstein style.

What this guy said. I had an apbt that was white, few black spots on her with just a hint of brindle in them. Both eyes had black spots around them in sort of a teardrop shape, and then she had a black spot on her butt, with just the tip of her tail turning back white. She was rather unique, to say I miss that dog is a gigantic understatement. It wasn't that she was a great dog, just that her and I had a bond or an understanding that I've yet to encounter.

Back