Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@KiwiBro regarding the cant cutters not saying that some guys do not know their stuff about saws. But the "look at me" dudes who own a ported saw or 5 to stroke their ego do not get my respect.

Just like the professional logger crew. Not going to name names but there might have been a guy on this site who actually drove truck but pretended to be the best faller around LOL and treated others as though they were below him.

At age 64 my favorite saw in the stable is a 024 woodboss. I couldn't give a flying rat's behind what kind or size saw a person uses.
Same here as long as it's any shade of orange.........or blue or...... green.....or red. hope i covered everyones favorite color. ooops forgot yellow. :)

@KiwiBro regarding the cant cutters not saying that some guys do not know their stuff about saws. But the "look at me" dudes who own a ported saw or 5 to stroke their ego do not get my respect.

Just like the professional logger crew. Not going to name names but there might have been a guy on this site who actually drove truck but pretended to be the best faller around LOL and treated others as though they were below him.
Oh, by all means call them out. I rekon most of the guys in this thread can smell BS from a mile away anyway ;-)

Do you want his current name or his former one LOL
That's all I need. If I'm guessing correct I think that one might be a bit bi-polar so have cut him plenty of slack on the times he has been an obstinate @ss towards me. I've read at least one quite scathing reply to me that he has edited to something completely different the next time I go back to that thread. I guess it takes different people to make a village.

I
Opines on your opinion, yet seems to forget the old adage about opinions...

People like that will tell you what the astronauts are doing wrong in space.

That's why I don't paint cars ,,, Everyone's an expert after it's painted ...

I went and looked at the garage lot , gonna haveta drive the tractor over to the lot , there's one big sugar maple that's heavy towards a powerline :(
Jerry's gonna come over , we're gonna rig a Tirfor and cable as a safety then rig the tractor winch and pull it down .
Should be a busy morning lol
Sure hope I remember how to run my 40cc saw :)

I

That's why I don't paint cars ,,, Everyone's an expert after it's painted ...

I went and looked at the garage lot , gonna haveta drive the tractor over to the lot , there's one big sugar maple that's heavy towards a powerline :(
Jerry's gonna come over , we're gonna rig a Tirfor and cable as a safety then rig the tractor winch and pull it down .
Should be a busy morning lol
Sure hope I remember how to run my 40cc saw :)

Since you don't paint cars, your opinion on paint and cars don't matter... ;)

In all seriousness, good luck with that sugar maple. That'll make for some good firewood. This weekend I'm getting caught up on kindling making, trying to get about 3 months ahead. Already have about a months supply. The tulip poplar I scored today was made into a big ole pile of kindling. It grows straight and is easy to split, took all of the straight grained, knot-free pieces, split thin and set them in a rack to air dry. Should be good kindling in a month or so even if green.

That's all I need. If I'm guessing correct I think that one might be a bit bi-polar so have cut him plenty of slack on the times he has been an obstinate @ss towards me. I've read at least one quite scathing reply to me that he has edited to something completely different the next time I go back to that thread. I guess it takes different people to make a village.
I was gona tell him sawtroll is a better echo basher but then I'd have to deal with both of the :dumb2:.

ST had a good zinger about Echo's a few years back....someone asked what saws from the 70's felt like to run....he said try a new echo if you want to know :ices_rofl:
I felt the wrath of ST when I first joined. I think he realized he was waiting his breath. He is a wealth of knowledge and general a decent person though.

Really strong winds here tonight, can hear trees going down all around. Already had a neighbor call and ask if I wanted a tree that came down near the barn. She said just leave the brush she would take care of that, gotta love that part.

Latest posts

Back