Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you going to start taking orders for “Chinese take out?”

Two of them have already gone to new owners, but they ask me for them, I don't try to get rid of them! One is with a Tree Service, but likely most will go to friends and relatives. I'll keep one of two, including the Hybrids I have from CFB and Dr. Al. Trouble is, just finding the time to run them all!

I did split some more wood with the Fiskars X 27 today, and the BB #5 got to noodle a few more rounds!

Got most of my tree out of the woods. 038 made some rounds and 2065 bumped burls n knots. Made the log cuts. Love that saw in 18-20" wood it's so much fun to run.

upload and share images

Got lucky buddy came late in the day and chained logs and helped get rounds in the loader. Good friend!

It was cold by the time I came in! Only was outside from 10-4p. Light wind and sunny so temp made it to about 14°F. Almost thawed out again!

The 038 is a West German mag tank. Had the gas boiling today. Kinda one of those things that made me go Hmn considering how chilly the day was. I haven't run it in this much hardwood before. Mainly yard maple, boxelder and cottonwood.

Its still getting it done! But I woulda loved to see one of them Treemonkey'd 462's in the same burly log.

Thanks for the offer. Hell, I still owe you the return favor for the maple tree last spring. You're going to cash them in all at once, aren't you?
In the winter, my outdoor work is usually limited to weekends, and the weather for this coming weekend doesn't look so good. If it sits for a couple of weeks, it sits for a couple of weeks. Add snow and it may be there for a bit longer. I will be in touch.

Do you have a BobCat and trailer? :D
I'll cash in one day. No bobcat or trailer but I know people. With stuff being so close to the house and 90% of it able to be done with a 16" bar and the fiskars it may be awhile before I run into big wood again. Need excuses to get the 590 and 7910 out now and then so there not just sitting around.

And winter finally arrives. In a different office today so on the bus instead of my normal cycle ride, and quite glad as it's sleeting. I reckon about now is middle of the burn season by volume and I was starting to worry I will only use 5m3. A few weeks of colder weather will get through a bit. I say 'worry'.... If I don't burn it I don't have a reason to cut it :crazy2:

Back for another cup of java myself...

Stopped by the neighbors to see if he needed help burning slash piles.

But he had help and it was going well. So back home looking for a #8 sledge. Hmm musta gone on an auction or yard sale.

Damn guess I'll keep looking. Might have used it down in the cellar last time I did the sand point.

I may not have enough wood in the shed to make it through winter. All the stuff outside has only been there since spring. I dont think it will burn well.

Pick out the oaks if any and put it off to the side , ash and maple should be close .
You'll still be in better shape than those that cut and split in September for this season's burning .
This season has been hard on the heating supply up here even though we don't have any snow , I've got several friends that are sure they will run out .

Now , if you had cut SPRUCE this past spring and summer ....

You'll still be in better shape than those that cut and split in September for this season's burning .
That's me! But I got lucky with the windfalls and having time to do it. Now I won't stop till I am 3 seasons ahead in preparation for an EPA stove. Am thinking an Ideal Steel hybrid reviews are good but claimed 12-14 hour burn times might be an exaggeration. But 10 hours Would make life better.

Latest posts

Back