Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I go to newer posts before the pics are all the way up, it jumps me back when they "load more", sometimes happens 4-5 times … a real PITA!
Yeah, on-site with a slow connection it does that for me too. Not saying yours is a slow connection but it is a PITA trying to get a pic-heavy page to load and it jumping all over the place while you read the text. I have been guilty of posting pics straight from my phone without reducing the file sizes before I upload them, sorry.

Yeah, on-site with a slow connection it does that for me too. Not saying yours is a slow connection but it is a PITA trying to get a pic-heavy page to load and it jumping all over the place while you read the text. I have been guilty of posting pics straight from my phone without reducing the file sizes before I upload them, sorry.
I used to be able to do that with my old phone but this new one is runnin a different mix ratio :dumb2:

I did a scrounge for the first time in about 5 months. I was driving close to the wood pile anyway so I grabbed a car load. not entirely sure what...might be Yew. I'm a bit of a wood snob these days...I could have squeezed more in the car but what remained was gnarly crotches....even th thought of runing the 365xtorq through them didn't persuade me and I left them for someone more stupid. I never used to be that way....I feel a bit dirty.

I did a scrounge for the first time in about 5 months. I was driving close to the wood pile anyway so I grabbed a car load. not entirely sure what...might be Yew. I'm a bit of a wood snob these days...I could have squeezed more in the car but what remained was gnarly crotches....even th thought of runing the 365xtorq through them didn't persuade me and I left them for someone more stupid. I never used to be that way....I feel a bit dirty.
It's alright, I drove past a 24" round of red oak on the expressway in the ditch, I thought about it but at 70mph I just kept going, maybe later.
Do I get to keep my card guys :surprised3:.

The crotchy stuff sucks cutting but it burns great

I don't blame the posters, and my internet is very fast. The other "site" does not do this, but be something with the AS filters.
A few days ago AS wasn't serving anything, intermittently. Their content has been managed differently for a few months now, mostly for the better in my opinion. This site most definitely is a target. Cloudflare are a switched-on mob so I'm sure something can be tweaked.

*editing to add* we can all help a little by reducing the file sizes of our pics. Those of us on slomo connections would benefit the most, but imagine the bandwidth consumed serving this site's content around the world, even when it's hosted/mirrored on geographically diverse servers? It'll be significant!

Well ,,,,
WoOT !!!
Oau5sHW.jpg

Did an inventory walkabout today , was still around 18F with 40mph gusts so it was brisk in exposed areas .
DoAaKtx.jpg

GWgh2ak.jpg

I decided not to drive down there lol
uj3v6L1.jpg

9fAU8nN.jpg

ytYf00C.jpg

I traveled a few trails that I've not been on , inventory was taken , I'll be back lol
It was a great day , no trees were harmed ,,, today ...

:cheers:

A few days ago AS wasn't serving anything, intermittently. Their content has been managed differently for a few months now, mostly for the better in my opinion. This site most definitely is a target. Cloudflare are a switched-on mob so I'm sure something can be tweaked.

*editing to add* we can all help a little by reducing the file sizes of our pics. Those of us on slomo connections would benefit the most, but imagine the bandwidth consumed serving this site's content around the world, even when it's hosted/mirrored on geographically diverse servers? It'll be significant!
On android I use Images Easy Resizer for onesy twosy photos. Batch Image Converter when doing entire galleries.

Typically 640 auto 70% for the web.

Im trying to dodge weather the rest of the year to get dry wood in off the fence
So you still have some dryer wood out there.
We're suppose to get another ice storm here tomorrow night so I'm wanting to stay ahead of that as much as possible.

A little. I been cherry pickin the dry stuff out. I packed it in tight on the fence so finding loosely packed pieces that get air around them is tough. All the stuff in the shed was loosely packed on purpose to ensure it was as dry as possible. And oak doesn't hold coals as long as ash does and I dont get any longer burn time out of it. I may not worry about getting any oak any more. I have access to WAY more ash than oak so I think I'll just stick with ash as the longer burning, coal holding wood and search out some silver and pine for the softwood.

Back