Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an old 8lb generic maul that the wooden handle cracked. Good enough excuse for me to
get the isoscore. Almost had the axe but put it back.....it looked partially assembled? No orange portion on the handle and the bottom was open?

That is the X27, best splitting axe I’ve tried. Not found anything that I can’t split with it and I’m 5’8” @ 145lb!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the X27, best splitting axe I’ve tried. Not found anything that I can’t split with it and I’m 5’8” @ 145lb!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, that is the way it is built and why I hang it upside down on the wood pile when I quit for the day. Nothing like a dose of cold water out of that handle down your neck.

Well this is a pleasant change! It's now 19°C and raining with the chance of a few flakes up on the hills tonight. Don't think we'll need to light the fire but it is good not to feel like you're being broiled every time you go outside.
Swing on by, just finished sprinkling, then it turned to hail/sleet, now its snowing :happy:.
Plenty of fun to be had here. I'm waiting until it's below freezing a little more before I clear the snow, few inches of snow with a crust is a lot nicer than a thin sheet of ice :crazy2:.

I blew my north drive out. Little Honda got a work out! Then decided the rest can wait until morning sposed to be flurries until after dark. I just like to be able to get out and if someone needed emergency services they can get in/out. Not that I plan on it but...

Had 3 appts all close together, but about 45 min away last night. Did not get home till after 11:00, I 84 was so bad I often could not go over 40 MPH. It felt like you were towing a trailer with too much weight in back of the wheels.

Had to take the Escape, not the Mustang, and good thing, climbed a couple of steep snow covered hills (in the Beacon area).

Today, drive way and step are solid sheet of ice. Hopefully, it gets warm enough to melt it. No appts till later today.

It's a little worse out today. Only a few roads closed but visibility is bad at times. I went to work for awhile this morning but got tired of the office real quick. Too nasty out to drive to the jobsite up north, headed home and figured I could just do paperwork at home easier. After cleaning the driveway I decided to go for a little drive back to the bush. Really whiteout when going thru the low spot between fields, the bush looked nice though. Wind side of the bush was nasty but with the wind blocked by the trees it looked quite nice. Should have brought a chainsaw but I have work work to do. I'm sure glad I cut up rounds on Sunday, nice to have a bit of a jump on next year.20190213_123329.jpg 20190213_122457 (2).jpg 20190213_123349.jpg 20190213_123547.jpg

It's a little worse out today. Only a few roads closed but visibility is bad at times. I went to work for awhile this morning but got tired of the office real quick. Too nasty out to drive to the jobsite up north, headed home and figured I could just do paperwork at home easier. After cleaning the driveway I decided to go for a little drive back to the bush. Really whiteout when going thru the low spot between fields, the bush looked nice though. Wind side of the bush was nasty but with the wind blocked by the trees it looked quite nice. Should have brought a chainsaw but I have work work to do. I'm sure glad I cut up rounds on Sunday, nice to have a bit of a jump on next year.View attachment 715188 View attachment 715192 View attachment 715187 View attachment 715186
That pic with the bota looks cool :numberone:.

I'm hoping this is the end of it. 3 day in a row I had to pull out the big snowblower (9hp) to do my drive and paths for the dog around the wood lot. Yesterday was fun, about 6" of powder - blew beautiful plums and blower not overworked. Today? Nope, about 6" of heavy wet snow, blower at full governor the entire time and gear in the bottom notch. It was blowing a big plume though. Supposed to be "chances" of snow for the next week but at least they aren't predicting snow by the ton.

We're just getting it blowing across the roads and fields and it's drifting on the sides of the roads. At least it's still icy underneath. I just picked up our dog at the vets, he had surgery today to remove 4 warts $350. Three weeks ago my daughters cat decided to do something stupid in the barn and managed to break it's rear leg, luckily it was a bad break and they had to amputate it. $2000. In my younger days I would have just shot it but the wife and daughter wouldn't let me. It was a free cat. Good thing I'm saving $1000's burning wood.

I'm hoping this is the end of it. 3 day in a row I had to pull out the big snowblower (9hp) to do my drive and paths for the dog around the wood lot. Yesterday was fun, about 6" of powder - blew beautiful plums and blower not overworked. Today? Nope, about 6" of heavy wet snow, blower at full governor the entire time and gear in the bottom notch. It was blowing a big plume though. Supposed to be "chances" of snow for the next week but at least they aren't predicting snow by the ton.

2 hours last night and you couldn't tell i had touched it by noon today. Another 3 1/2 hours today. I'm running out of places to put snow!
It's been a fun week! Something like 3 snowfalls totals 18" or better!

I was gonna do the neighbors but he has a 3pt blower and a cab! He can manage or at least call if he needs help!

We're just getting it blowing across the roads and fields and it's drifting on the sides of the roads. At least it's still icy underneath. I just picked up our dog at the vets, he had surgery today to remove 4 warts $350. Three weeks ago my daughters cat decided to do something stupid in the barn and managed to break it's rear leg, luckily it was a bad break and they had to amputate it. $2000. In my younger days I would have just shot it but the wife and daughter wouldn't let me. It was a free cat. Good thing I'm saving $1000's burning wood.
our cat adapted pretty good after getting hit by a car and having a back leg amputated. he still tries to scratch his ear with that missing leg.:crazy2:
a friend of mine had a dog named Winston that had all 4 legs amputated. all my buddy could do was take him outside for a drag.:surprised3::omg:

Back