Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grilling requires no pan or parchment paper[emoji23]

Just giving you a hard time.

Look absolutely delicious man. Im envious. You ever built a fire in your grill and cooked over it? Iv done it a few times and its like camping. So much better flavor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look absolutely delicious man. Im envious. You ever built a fire in your grill and cooked over it? Iv done it a few times and its like camping. So much better flavor

I had to put mine out at the park in muskegon, they said no wood fires, it gets too hot :nofunny:.
You can take the coals right out of the woodburner and use them in there this time of the yr.

No offense taken! I’ve found this to be the best way to cook bacon wrapped anything. The dripping fat off the bacon would make the open flame get pretty intense and not cook the shrimp all the way through.

No offense taken! I’ve found this to be the best way to cook bacon wrapped anything. The dripping fat off the bacon would make the open flame get pretty intense and not cook the shrimp all the way through.
It's making me hungry :sweet:.
Theres a new tray of shrimp in the fridge :badpc:.

A coworkers buddy picked up a band saw mill yesterday. I may go check it out this weekend if I can find time. Been on the 7 days a week work schedule again lately.
Update on this. My coworker ask him what he would pay for good mill logs and the guy said "I'm not paying for no ****ing logs theres people giving them away all the time". I'd have taken him logs if i found good ones for some boards but with that attitude i think I'll just turn it into firewood.

Grilling in February with snow on the ground....
We maid steaks on the grill tonight. Still snow on the deck.

Update on this. My coworker ask him what he would pay for good mill logs and the guy said "I'm not paying for no ****ing logs theres people giving them away all the time". I'd have taken him logs if i found good ones for some boards but with that attitude i think I'll just turn it into firewood.
Perhaps you could ask if the shortsighted idjit has a metal detector

Perhaps you could ask if the shortsighted idjit has a metal detector
As far as I'm concerned he does. The band saw blade will let him know pretty quick. There a nice patch of black walnuts on my coworkers land that have probly only been seen by half dozen people there entire lives. We were gonna drop one and send it to him in 8'6" logs but that idea ended with his comments.

We maid steaks on the grill tonight. Still snow on the deck.
LOL! Reminds me of the guy standing on the lake shore eyeing an 18" x 16' half buried in a sandbar ash log 50' out in the lake down the beach a ways. He asked if I knew who owned that stretch of beach. He was going to ask for permission to pull the log out to cut on his mill. I told I didn't know but could bring him logs that size all day long and asked if he was interested. He responded he doesn't pay for logs. I just walked away. He was going to have more actual expense into retrieving that one log and milling it (think time invested and then sand in every crook & crevice plus if it had come from a yard on the lake shore probably a lot of metal) than it would have cost to buy 1/2 dozen from me.

Came home from the coffee meet in town, fixed breakfast, read paper and got all dressed up to retrieve a document at the bank, then go out in the county to check on a tree. WTF? 2 more inches of snow, wet and heavy. Pulled car out of garage and waited for 5 minutes for traffic to clear. solid stream of dtraffic both ways moving slow. Gave up and back in the house to do nothing the rest of the day.

What snow is down will still be there a week from today with maybe additions per the 7 day forecast.

Latest posts

Back