Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Battery backup?

Iv got one and am installing a 2nd slightly above that one this year. Ill have a battery backup for my battery backup with a backup submersible pump (garden hose kind) on standby [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No backup. We dont lose power often. If they get it going within the next couple hrs it should be fine. The only thing that will be under water is the stove anyway. :D

No backup. We dont lose power often. If they get it going within the next couple hrs it should be fine. The only thing that will be under water is the stove anyway. :D

Im going to pick on you.....

So you are relying on someone else to keep YOUR basement from flooding? You have a generator to keep things going?

You better get a good hot fire going to steam it all out of there :blob2:, joking of course, but it might help get some of it out.
I had a flood in my basement in April one time when we lost power and the sump pump wasn't running. The bummer is we were out of town skiing and came home to a mess :surprised3:. Something I was considering is one of the pumps that runs of city water, that would have worked at that home, not here though, no power means no water.

You better get a good hot fire going to steam it all out of there :blob2:, joking of course, but it might help get some of it out.
I had a flood in my basement in April one time when we lost power and the sump pump wasn't running. The bummer is we were out of town skiing and came home to a mess :surprised3:. Something I was considering is one of the pumps that runs of city water, that would have worked at that home, not here though, no power means no water.
Fire & water to make steam, oh, you mean a sauna like @svk.

Battery backup!! They will run for an easy 8 hours with a very active pump. A few days with a not so active one.

Iv go this setup

https://www.sumppumpsdirect.com/Liberty-Pumps-PC257-441-Sump-Pump/p8549.html

Battery backup!! They will run for an easy 8 hours with a very active pump. A few days with a not so active one.

Iv go this setup

https://www.sumppumpsdirect.com/Liberty-Pumps-PC257-441-Sump-Pump/p8549.html

That was our last place.
I'm all good now, I graded this place. When we first moved in we had 6" rain fall in 2 hrs or something like that, it was bad.
I spent 3hrs running full title up and down the steps while my wife was moving trash cans under the spot that was shooting out like a hose that was turned on high:crazy2:. Then when things started to slow down I told my wife she could take. a break, she said your gonna want to see this. So I walked around the corner and saw water coming out of a bedroom that has two daylight windows, then I walk over to the room and look in to see the water half way up the window sash :eek:.
We made a video about it(not really lol).
2min is funny.

Only 400 more to go...
Actually, I only have room for around 4 more loads.
Calling friends and neighbors.., :p

You can't really go wrong with any eucalypt. Even the lightest stuff is not much below oak but the good species that sink in water when dry, well you don't need much to last a winter. But as with any firewood, it's a compromise. A mix of dense stuff and light stuff is great. My neighbour has five big Monterey pines that I have my eye on. Why? Because I have 15 cord of eucalypt hardwood that will last me 5 years and could use some softwood to get fires going and perk it up if the fire is needing it. I'll burn anything that doesn't leave masses of ash buildup in the heater.

Maybe not tractor tyres.

Back