Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are three more E.hoodlums in this gully that I'm trying to avoid until next summer when I'll have about $3k more gear they can wreck. Have milled all I'm going to this summer and now in firewood mode.

For anyone interested, I really like the belly in the sugi 42" bars. It's way more than the tsumura bars. Thought it might muck up my hinges but they are already ugly so no difference. Certainly feels better bucking logs.

It might improve em mate if they are already ordinary:D

Yeah got some really old Yellowbox that's near impossible to cut, even tried pushing it over with a backhoe and it didn't move it at all, we've tried cutting the smaller limbs off it and they were like cutting steel, I think that one will still be there FOR THE NEXT CRAZY FOOL SCROUNGER IN A HUNDRED YEARS.
Fixed it for ya Scott.;)

Since all the Dropbears and poisonous creepy crawleys are hibernating I figured it would be safe to try and scrounge up a load .
We headed up one of them "Authorized Vehicle Only" road .
I told Jerry that is was OK , we had one of my "Official" scrounging vehicles :)

2pN4gNx.jpg

ZAQQoNt.jpg

zrEGkYM.jpg

WuiHyFV.jpg

YKEQIyb.jpg

It was a great day , another pile scrounged up and put away at the pit for safe keeping .

if you need an extra had pulling your point, let me know.... I believe we don't live that far apart! I am in pillager 7 miles west of braindead.... lol
Sure appreciate the offer but we are a fair distance apart. I'm between Cambridge and Grandy. Brainards about 93 miles from here. About 45mins to murderapolis.

Nieghbor will lend a hand. Neither of us have a pot to piss in so we trade labor on these projects.

Last time we did his well we pulled it with his jd350 crawler in a down pour before we finished. Sure wish I had pix or video of that. He had to rock the crawler to get any pull. Get way up on the front of the tracks and bounce, bounce, bounce! When the point came out looked like a fence post set in cement!

Sure appreciate the offer but we are a fair distance apart. I'm between Cambridge and Grandy. Brainards about 93 miles from here. About 45mins to murderapolis.

Nieghbor will lend a hand. Neither of us have a pot to piss in so we trade labor on these projects.

Last time we did his well we pulled it with his jd350 crawler in a down pour before we finished. Sure wish I had pix or video of that. He had to rock the crawler to get any pull. Get way up on the front of the tracks and bounce, bounce, bounce! When the point came out looked like a fence post set in cement!
lol ok? 20 gallons of gas don't/wont hurt anyone!!
good offer just ask svk/steve…. people like to help other's!

I gather you are talking (covered an boxed in)open hole/pit driven well and sand point? if this is it I had the same problem with minor flooding one wet/melt spring! what I did was to incase the 1.5" pipe with 4" pvc pipe down to 16'(42 foot to the tip of the sand point at ground level)0f which is the 1st hard pan...I am in sandy soil anyways, but used fresh water down the 4" pipe and screwing it down to that depth tapping the pipe as turning it also.... it is now 1' above ground at the brass anti siphon check valve....

No, this is a 6" drilled well, 65' deep, static level is 15', pump at about 40'

Its been my experience that blackish water from a well is usually a sign of bacteria. I think desinfecting with clorox would be my first step. You can also buy clorine tablets. Anyway, once in the well, let sit for at least 24hrs without using and then try and run the well dry to get rid of the bad water and see if things clear up.

It's not that, this is clearly dirt and it doesn't do it all the time, mostly clear or almost clear then it will come as 'murkish' down to definitely dirty. Dirt settles out if it is left set awhile. I first saw it last fall when I ran a sprinkler, at that time it was very muddy. It does seem to be getting better with the 'dirty water' sessions farther apart.

I should have posted the well problem over in another forum.

It's not that, this is clearly dirt and it doesn't do it all the time, mostly clear or almost clear then it will come as 'murkish' down to definitely dirty. Dirt settles out if it is left set awhile. I first saw it last fall when I ran a sprinkler, at that time it was very muddy. It does seem to be getting better with the 'dirty water' sessions farther apart.

I should have posted the well problem over in another forum.
We talk about everything here, so,,,,,:laugh::laugh: I had lighting hit a tree about 150yards from my well and it turned the water muddy for a few days. What goes on inside a well is anybodies guess. My well is 300ft deep. 6in and steel casing. Static level used to be about 30ft, now its about 75ft. My pump is set at 250ft. I used to have 20gpm coming in the well, I coud fill my 1000gal hydroseeder out of the well. They built the new hiway next to me and my water level dropped and flow dropped to about 1gpm. Add in all the houses that have been built all around me and it has about sucked the ground dry.

We talk about everything here, so,,,,,:laugh::laugh: I had lighting hit a tree about 150yards from my well and it turned the water muddy for a few days. What goes on inside a well is anybodies guess. My well is 300ft deep. 6in and steel casing. Static level used to be about 30ft, now its about 75ft. My pump is set at 250ft. I used to have 20gpm coming in the well, I coud fill my 1000gal hydroseeder out of the well. They built the new hiway next to me and my water level dropped and flow dropped to about 1gpm. Add in all the houses that have been built all around me and it has about sucked the ground dry.
Doesn't take a lot to change. A while back we had a localized near drought for 5 years. Was specific to a small region of east central mn into wi. My nieghbor irrigated and you could see the pond go down between us in a direct relationship with his system running. I had to push my well from 18'-23' to keep water. Luckily we finally have a few wetter years.

I got out and started some saws yesterday for the first time in months! It was sweet! I bought a couple dandies from SVK and I hadn't got a chance to run them. Knocked some snow off a log and made about 10 cuts. Felt nice. Still be a month before mud season is over and I can get back to it. Was so excited I forgot to even take pics.

I think I have the record here. My house is on a clay capped hill. My well was initially 605' with a static level of 100'. After 30 yrs and too much building it went dry. I'm now at 1335' for the well, and 850' for the pump.

Dirty water usually indicates your well is low and you are using more than is coming in. Usually, if you restrict your water use, it will clear up.

I knew my well was going bad when my water softener filled with mud. I now run a large pre filter (that I never needed before) that I change every 3 or 4 months. I can tell how wet or dry it is by how fast it gets dirty (or not). This year is much better than 3 years ago when the temp streams went dry.

I am fortunate to be on a huge aquifer fed by the mountains in Idaho. Odd part of it is that I am on the east side of a highway running down a drainage extending back at leasst 5 miles (I don't know about past that point).

My well supposedly did 24 gal/min but the house directly across the highway from me on the West side slope got about 4gpm and they dilled down as far as all the dill stem they had on the truck without improving. Same way up the drainage, East side, lots of water, West side very little for a 1.5 miles up drainage.

Back