Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Jeffkrib here’s the link to the vid Carl did of the first cut with the smurf. The title says it all, 42” .404 and not really sharp. He fine tuned it later and said this thing will easily handle a 36” .375. Note when he hits the throttle, no problem with oil. Should get it back next week then a trip to see Nate for bar and chains.

@Jeffkrib here’s the link to the vid Carl did of the first cut with the smurf. The title says it all, 42” .404 and not really sharp. He fine tuned it later and said this thing will easily handle a 36” .375. Note when he hits the throttle, no problem with oil. Should get it back next week then a trip to see Nate for bar and chains.
Should just ask him to send it back with the 42 404 setup. Theres a 42" 404 bar floating around Ben's shop for the 111 I just need to find it. 9010 looks good should just keep getting stronger as you run it.

Kiwi, What is the make/model of that truck in the back ground? I like the bumper and roll bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ford courier/Mazda proceed. Closing in on 200k miles with no major work. I got real lucky with this ute but not sure what to replace it with when time comes.

Racks, bars, etc all custom made by my old man. He didn't pass on the metalwork gene to me, I got some genetic throwback woodwork genes instead.

I need a big bar for something so I can figure out what the hype is about. Probly a 28 for the 7910 it should look pretty on my wall. Just not that many huge trees around here.
All you have to do is line 3 logs up and you can pretend you are one of the big boys. I still have to get a chain for my 45".

99% sure I’m gonna run a 36” TsuMura Lite .375 .063.
If your dealer has a great deal on the 32" same pitch and gauge please sing out.thanks. I can get the solid (not reduced weight) sugi-hara bars here at very good prices. But always keen to see what a lighter option is gonna cost. My previous tsumura 32" light and tough bar came from Dave in Canada but the shipping costs ex Canada have gone through the roof, so it's no longer an option.

D2D234D9-57C9-4533-8710-7C233D196561.png
If your dealer has a great deal on the 32" same pitch and guage please sing out.thanks. I can get the solid (not reduced weight) sugi-ihara bars here at very good prices. But always keen to see what a lighter option is gonna cost. My previous tsumura 32" light and tough bar came from Dave in Canada but the shipping costs ex Canada have gone through the roof, so it's no longer an option.

Thanks. I think Nate got too busy to bother with messing around trying to cost up shipping stuff to NZ, as the email trail went cold last time I tried to price up a bar from him. A shame as he was an excellent option up to that point, but I guess when not enough hrs in the day something's gotta give.

I’ll check for you when I go over, he’s been trying to get the new building ready so he can move the shop. Probably be a week or 2 before I go over, that ok?
Thanks. I think Nate got too busy to bother with messing around trying to cost up shipping stuff to NZ, as the email trail went cold last time I tried to price up a bar from him. A shame as he was an excellent option up to that point, but I guess when not enough hrs in the day something's gotta give.

Comon James, gotta have that 36" light bar for the occasional large Oak, Sugar Maple or Tulip! Even had to use it on a big Hickory last year!

I'd have posted another pic, but got the error message that the Maple pic was "too large"!

Attachments

• IMG_20180818_154653279.jpg
    IMG_20180818_154653279.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20180815_143530833.jpg
    IMG_20180815_143530833.jpg
    8.5 MB · Views: 20
Comon James, gotta have that 36" light bar for the occasional large Oak, Sugar Maple or Tulip! Even had to use it on a big Hickory last year!

I'd have posted another pic, but got the error message that the Maple pic was "too large"!
Figure the 111 will handle the big bar work if I run into any. Steve still has that monster oak across the road if the stars ever line up just right. Iv been told the big old saws are waisted on anything less then a 36.

Back