Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More Ecoboost info (hard to determine which engine they are talking about, but it likely refers to both)

Improving Performance:
The 3.5L EcoBoost offers a good bit of power and acceleration out of the factory, however, it can benefit from some simple mods that will improve overall performance.

Use High Octane – For those who are unaware, the 2.7 Ecoboost requires 87 octane fuel, but the owners manual suggests premium fuel for severe duty usage such as trailer towing.

The EcoBoost has a factory “auto octane adjustment” feature present in the ECU. This feature allows the ECU to self-adjust according to the type of fuel being used (be it 87, 90 or 93 octane, etc.). You can get the best performance from your 3.5L EcoBoost by using the premium higher octane fuel.

Winner, Winner …. Chicken Dinner!!! Very nice sleuthing!

When I first built this house (86), I have pictures of my older daughter being taller than that Norway Maple tree, and I had to save it from the neighbor wanting to run it over with the lawn mower.

It was all bent over, and I tied it upright and steaked the cords.

There are more Black Walnuts on my 2 lots, the lot next to me (w/house) and the lot across the street (vacant) than any other tree.

Hey Kiwi !!!
You import that spider from Australia ?

Heal up fast , here's a spruce cutting vid for you to pass some time :)

You like that sharpening trick ?

Them all 562xp’s....?

Makes me not want to sell mine[emoji23]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Pretty autumnal colours out the window this morning, with the obligatory hoppy thrown in.

23rd Apr 2.jpg

Got out this arvo and cut a small load of dry locust and parked the trailer in the top shed near the house when I got home. With a change coming and cooler temps I figure we might as well burn straight out of the trailer rather than unloading it just to have to pick it up again in a few days time.

23rd Apr 1.jpg

:)

Snow is out of the woods and the lakes are starting to clear up.

I worked 7 days a weeks for a month straight. Got the flu over easter weekend so I was allowed a couple days off. Still have a lot of work to do but going in the right direction.

I'll definitely be laying in at least 10 cords of wood this spring though. Last time I will ever pay the ****ing electric utility co heat for the whole winter again. I have about a cord of birch already stacked so will just scrounge whatever I find. The nice thing is that boiler splits are easy to make, most rounds only need to be split once and even the big ones only need to be quartered.

Agreed to take a dead tree out of a friend's back yard. Showed up on Sunday to find the mother load of firewood...okay, not a mother load, just a small tree but spruce!!

Sweet! The one we all dream about :rock:.

View attachment 731786 Be glad to get the 9010 back once the decompression valve shows up from Germany. Cut from both sides with the 7900 with 24” bar, noodled with the 590.

What sort of inferior (non-spruce that is) firewood tree is that?

Back