ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Scrounging firewood

Discussion in 'Firewood, Heating and Wood Burning Equipment' started by mainewoods, Feb 23, 2014.

1. chipper1

chipper1 Living Life to the Full

Sort of, I think it was raining lol.
    It's a stihl ms201c, a rear handled version of the 201tc which is the one with a standard carb, that's why it looks so odd is because it started life as a top handled saw. It's one of the worse out of the box stock stihls ever released(maybe the worse), but it's still better than the husky pro saw in this size since there isn't one :rare2:. I just did the timing advance, MM, and limiters on the carb. Not many tanks through it total, a few by me and a few by the original owner(who wasn't too impressed, it's starting to wake up now:chainsaw::lol:. I also have the mtronic version of it with a few more tanks on it that runs quite well, they are great for lot clearing where it's all 3-4" they will cut bigger, but if the wood is much larger I grab a bigger saw when I finish with the smaller stuff and get them.
    Here'a a video of it right after I finished the mods, nothing fast but it's light and cuts.

2. chipper1

You caught up yet :havingarest:.
    I bet your wife could tell you right where you put it :laugh:.
    Those do work nice, I need to get a few new ones this summer. Seems they are on sale in the summer but at a premium price in the winter, that dollar I save could be used on a new saw:laughing:.

3. Cowboy254

Cowboy254 ESD sufferer

Bonfire night. One drawback with being the one to light it is that you don't actually get to see it go up since you're dodging around the stack trying to stay out of direct sight of the flames as you light her up so that you escape with your hair and eyebrows intact. Fortunately, a few other people have sent me some pics that I will now inflict on you all. There's some video somewhere as well but I don't have hold of that yet.

So this...

12th May 4.jpg

Plus 18 litres of diesel in uncapped containers hidden in the structure, plus 10 litres of diesel/petrol (gasoline) mix around the base equals …

Bonfire 18th May 2.jpg

Bonfire 18th May 3.jpg

Bonfire 18th May 4.jpg

Bonfire 18th May 5.jpg

Bonfire 18th May.jpg

Bonfire 18th May 6.jpg

I was just hoping it would burn. Turns out I need not have worried. How'd it look from your place @KiwiBro ?

:) :blob2:

4. Be Stihl

Be Stihl ArboristSite Member

The drive links on the right hand side don’t even look like Stihl Oilomatic, there are no holes in them like the o es on the left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. chipper1

That's sweet:blob2:.
    I like a good fire, but that's a great fire, now I know why the moon was so bright :D.

6. U&A

U&A ArboristSite Guru

This a a great picture

[​IMG]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM

7. farmer steve

farmer steve outstanding in my field, 5150

Here's the forerunner to that saw Brett. Customer dropped it off for me to go over and get running. His dad bought it new back in the 70's. Ugliest saw Stihl ever made.:surprised3: 20190518_101249.jpg 20190518_101306.jpg

8. Cowboy254

Cowboy254 ESD sufferer

Only needs a Magnum sticker on it and it'd be awesome!:chainsaw:

PS. Is the chain brake make of wood?

9. Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack Tree Freak

a fishing GTG! :) some pix would be fun...

'hey! don't rock the boat!'....
    zfb.gif

10. Backyard Lumberjack

nice pix! nice scenery... looks like a nice day, too. I like the organization of the packed trailer. thanks for sharing...

:drinkingcoffee:

11. Backyard Lumberjack

ha ~ I could just start reading from the last thread post... but no doubt this thread has some interesting stuff in it. and I am a sucker for pictures! lol.

>I bet your wife could tell you right where you put it :laugh:. Those do work nice,

wives? uh-huh... yes, at times! :yes:

[:laughing:]

I finally went over to the garden with the single asspar-a-grass crown in it. got the one spear. 14" long. the top 6" was like eating in a 5-start gourmet restaurant... totally delish. rest spear, well can u say stalk? but, alas... I chomped on it til the end. spit out the chaf! so the QB goes to store yesterday to get bread crumbs for the fried green tomatoes... and feeling sorry for my sorry a**... buys me a # of fresh, well store bot fresh asspa-agrass!

what a gal! :heart:

12. Backyard Lumberjack

indeed! nice fire! I bet could see from space shuttle...

13. Backyard Lumberjack

:drinkingcoffee: for you! :chainsaw:

nice guy!

14. Backyard Lumberjack

all one would need is to add a PTO... then it could power truck and do side work as a saw mill....lol

15. Backyard Lumberjack

good point svk! at least for karma's sake. a couple of small grocery carts crossed my path recently. store name on them. I liked them. wheels a bit out of service, but what the heck, I had time and oil... and compressed air. tools, if nothing else. besides, I liked them. but rather than just keep them, I called the store. told them I had them. no doubt someone took them, walked home and dumped them. asked them would they like them back? no doubt they paid for them. sales person said well mgr has a truck. i'll tell him. took my info. not too far from me. secretly I hoped they would no-show! :) but did a real hard-sell... to come get them. of course, no one ever called, much less showed up.

I do like my new roll-a-round wood sheds! :D

16. Backyard Lumberjack

good plan. I doubt I could get away with that and hope the QB would ride in my car again. I only have to have saw fuel can in trunk overnite... and she wont ride in it... or at least I hear about it. lol

17. Backyard Lumberjack

lol; down here to transplants. heck, whites are a minority now! ethnic sprawl I call it!

18. Backyard Lumberjack

I got some encouragement the other day while traveling up country on ageing... passed a guy's place... and he was out at the front gate mowing the FM frontage. was on the slope of road to drive and ditch. with a walk behind mower... it was an OMG! moment... caught our attention... he had to be close to 90! and it appeared not be self-propelled. and he was winning. a bit of a bizzare scene to me, I should have stopped and asked him etc... at least give him an attaboy!

19. Backyard Lumberjack

zds.jpg

20. Backyard Lumberjack

omg, sounds like a real problem! :nofunny: