Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I read some bad news...

A friend I graduated high school with had his father pass away yesterday. The article said it was an accident while cutting firewood, I can only assume it happened at their camp.

Be safe out there, all it takes is one time...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Sorry to hear

Finally got a new to us truck. 2005 Dodge 1500, 4 door, 4 wheel drive, 4.7 L. It's spotless, no rust anywhere, frame is great. It was a rare find for around here. Cleanest, nicest vehicle we've had. It replaces an old worn out 1995 F150 2wd. The old ford is fairly rust free, came from Texas, but it's tired. Have it listed for $700, but I called junkyard and they'll pay $3-400. We'll see, but I want it gone asap.

The first day we had the truck it pulled 2 trailer loads of wood and the lawn mower. It still use my 1999 Honda Civic as my daily driver. New truck.jpg Old truck.jpg

Nice load. I like seeing your buddy in the picture :).

I missed it first time around. noted a nice bunch of farwood... then read your post. hmm, a pet... dog? eating leaves? went back to see...

couldn't find the dog! lol....

saw one on side of road on way back from farm other day. something about seeing a deer! it went down the road a bit, then turned to the fence line... and 'boing' over it went and disappeared into the woods... I had slowed down to watch it.

Surprisingly she was eating leaves from a red oak sapling. I would have thought those would be bitter.
I don't know, never tried them :laugh:.
Maybe this time of the yr they are sweeter with the fresh sap running in them.
I know if you have a garden here the woodchucks will eat all the new growth off every single plant they can reach, that is until the eat lead :yes:.
I missed it first time around. noted a nice bunch of farwood... then read your post. hmm, a pet... dog? eating leaves? went back to see...

couldn't find the dog! lol....

saw one on side of road on way back from farm other day. something about seeing a deer! it went down the road a bit, then turned to the fence line... and 'boing' over it went and disappeared into the woods... I had slowed down to watch it.
Glad you found it, for those who didn't from either weak eyes or using a cell phone, here it is blown up a little.
Now that would be a nice scrounge :barbecue::sweet:.
Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 12.37.44 PM.png

You talking about the pitch of an office with a window, yes, nice pitch(16x12 :surprised3:).
My question is did anyone bite, or dod you have to do it yourself:laughing:.
DIY had 1 27yr old helper full time good wage. But after 1 gable (of 6) he demoted himself to assisting tear off and staging part time for a lot lower wage. It was one of those daughter's boy friend things. Claimed he had experience... Turned out not so much did 1 job and got axed. He didn't last long with her after she saw what a bottom feeder he was.

DIY had 1 27yr old helper full time good wage. But after 1 gable (of 6) he demoted himself to assisting tear off and staging part time for a lot lower wage. It was one of those daughter's boy friend things. Claimed he had experience... Turned out not so much did 1 job and got axed. He didn't last long with her after she saw what a bottom feeder he was.
I figured, I had a roofing bus. and I mainly worked with my BIL, not many folks into hard manual labor.
So he was literally a bottom feeder, wouldn't come on the roof, she wanted a top tier guy like her daddy :numberone:.
My 24 yr old is getting married Friday, I know how all that goes. He's a hard worker at his job(cranks some hrs), but then he's done, at least he's willing to do that!

I had an 032. That saw pulled well above its displacement. Old tech but lots of them still out there cutting wood.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
You are right. I was really surprised to see it was only 51cc! I think I’ll grab a 20” bar for it if I decide to keep it as I’ve got several nice 72 link chains sitting around.

Wonder what this guy is up to? Never seen one around here until today.

a69b4f88dca3e296f0ddb840385a0040.jpg

Id be more worried about the GIANT SNAKE!!![emoji15][emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]
Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Id be more worried about the GIANT SNAKE!!![emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

Back