Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How thick is the top, in one of the earlier pictures I thought it was only a couple inches, but after seeing the measurements for the legs it seemed like it must be thicker.
Looks like it should ride well in there.
Hope you have enough muscle at the cabin to get it inside.

The top is 2 1/8" thick, the pedestals are 4" thick. The bench is half round, so heavy for it's size (it is Hickory).

We plan to put down plywood and use a dolly to get it into the cabin, but it will be challenging. Luckily, we put in the wider door (from 32" to 36"). That should help. Table height is just over 30".

I also found out what was living under the shed!

Wife begged me to spare him, she thinks he will re locate.

I told her that de-scenting the dogs will be fully her responsibility.

Thankfully, I was able to free him w/o getting sprayed … no small feat!
Mike,if there's one there's more. I use an old sheet and walk up to the trap and put the sheet over the trap so peppy can't see you. You can pick up the trap by the handles through the sheet and move them . I put them in the tractor bucket and take them for a one way ride down back. Haven't been sprayed yet. They are a vector for rabies. Thought I had coons in the sweet corn one year but never saw any. One might I saw a skunk eating corn. I shot 8 that summer and 8 more were hit on the road within a 100 yards or so of the house.

I also found out what was living under the shed!

Wife begged me to spare him, she thinks he will re locate.

I told her that de-scenting the dogs will be fully her responsibility.

Thankfully, I was able to free him w/o getting sprayed … no small feat!
Cover the cage with a blanket before moving it.

Last year I replaced the scope on my CVA MZ with a Nikon 3 X 9 X 40 BDC, it is very bright and clear and I love it, and got my deer with it last fall.

So today I took the Pine Ridge 2.5 X 7 X 32 scope that came off the MZ and put it on a 22 semi auto Marlin for the Grandson to shoot (note: only one of them is old enough to legally shoot in NY, I'll leave it there). While the Nikon is far superior in dim light, the Pine Ridge scope is great in good light, and was a perfect match for the 22. I plan to sight it in up at the cabin.

The Redfield Rings were only $10 through Cabelas (actually my points paid for them).

The top is 2 1/8" thick, the pedestals are 4" thick. The bench is half round, so heavy for it's size (it is Hickory).

We plan to put down plywood and use a dolly to get it into the cabin, but it will be challenging. Luckily, we put in the wider door (from 32" to 36"). That should help. Table height is just over 30".
Well being that heavy It's very good you have the wide door, should be pretty easy if you have two guys who are familiar with using a dolly. I'd consider screwing wood to the underside of the top(like a 2x4 then 3/4 plywood to another 2x4 going to the leg to create a 90 degree angle) going to the leg so you have a nice place to rest the lip of the dolly and then you could drive it right in if it was strapped to the dolly.
I can make a drawing if you'd like, I enjoy that type of a challenge, but my back doesn't so much any more.
Heck you probably already have it in the cabin :).

This guy has taken up residence under my buildings. Since I don’t have exposed electrical or plumbing I can’t imagine there’s much damage he can do. He’s pretty fat.

View attachment 747779
What am I missing?
I’ve have several Pine Ridge scopes, fantastic for the $

Nikon are my favorite. Better light gathering and 25 percent less than Leupold.
This :rolleyes:.

The rodent lol
I dont miss often ;).
Id like a nice scope, but the cheap one I have does okay for the 60yd max shots I'm taking with the .17. It's amazing I can get a chipmunk at that range better than 50% of the time, their small and move fast.

Last year Cabela's had the Nikon 3 X 9 X 40 BDC (in a plain brown box) on sale for $99.-. I ended up getting 4 of them (3 for me). I also got another Nikon for my Cross Bow.

They are very bright and clear, and great for hunting, and help my aging eyes pretend they are still young!

Since the back door on the PU is down, I had to remove my saw carrier from the trailer so I could make turns.

Also had to remove the cover from the back of the truck (to fit the table), so I'm limited on dry space, so lots of stuff won't get packed till I'm ready to leave tomorrow morning.

I worked for the moving company during the summers when I was in college, and for another year and a half after I graduated, so I'm pretty good at figuring out how to do the near impossible!

We plan to put down plywood on the crushed Bluestone up at the cabin (it is in an old Bluestone Quarry) then use a dolly under the edge of the table to get it through the door.

I dont miss often ;).
Id like a nice scope, but the cheap one I have does okay for the 60yd max shots I'm taking with the .17. It's amazing I can get a chipmunk at that range better than 50% of the time, their small and move fast.
I prefer $5 yard sale scopes. More then enough for most rimfires.

You did good on that old saw Joe. I've had an interesting couple of weeks dealing with an auction company out of Washington State. I had high bid on a stump grinder and a wood chipper and due to US and Canadian dollars it was a shiit show. I got the grinder last Friday and finally got the chipper home today and they both work good. The owner here in Ontario insists that I still owe more money but I have a signed Bill of Sale and the chipper is sitting here. Our bank is still trying to sort out the wire transfer and the difference in the 2 currencies as we think we may have over paid on the exchange. The bad news is that I have high bid on 2 other pieces of equipment from the same guy and the Washington auction company and they close tomorrow morning. Bought this pile of scaffolding at a sale last night and was lucky enough to sell it for a profit and the guy picked it up at the sale, I didn't even have to touch it.
20190717_150427.jpg 20190712_153618.jpg 20190716_193635.jpg

Since the back door on the PU is down, I had to remove my saw carrier from the trailer so I could make turns.

Also had to remove the cover from the back of the truck (to fit the table), so I'm limited on dry space, so lots of stuff won't get packed till I'm ready to leave tomorrow morning.

I worked for the moving company during the summers when I was in college, and for another year and a half after I graduated, so I'm pretty good at figuring out how to do the near impossible!

We plan to put down plywood on the crushed Bluestone up at the cabin (it is in an old Bluestone Quarry) then use a dolly under the edge of the table to get it through the door.
Good thing you thought of it, I've seen many tailgates hit by the jack or the trailer, I hit the doors on my suburban last summer when I was going to pull straight forward and then I changed my mind and did a tight u-turn in a parking lot helping a neighbor get firewood. I shouldn't have been there in the first place, and I realized it after about 20 min, but continued on :dumb:. It's a similar situation to what was discussed earlier about felling trees while tired, it wasn't a good idea at all :(.

That's great to have that experience, I've moved a lot of people, they always call the guy with a truck, trailer, and the guy with a CDL :baba:. It's quite rewarding when everything goes well, when it doesn't :baba:.
Sounds like you have a plan, hope all goes well.
Can you get us a picture of it in there, I'm pretty excited for you. I'd like to get rid of the table we have and get a heavy duty one like yours, I've looked at them for yrs and thought about someday building one, not sure when someday will come lol.

Last year Cabela's had the Nikon 3 X 9 X 40 BDC (in a plain brown box) on sale for $99.-. I ended up getting 4 of them (3 for me). I also got another Nikon for my Cross Bow.

They are very bright and clear, and great for hunting, and help my aging eyes pretend they are still young!
Sounds like exactly like what I'm looking for, for the eyes and all too :cool:.
I prefer $5 yard sale scopes. More then enough for most rimfires.
Wait, that sounds good too, do you have any, I'll take one or two :D.

Latest posts

Back